Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Threaded Insert Riveter Kit - Saved by Harbor Freight again

Bought one from McMaster Carr for $56 but as usual, I expected it to have all the different mandrel sizes that it was capable of handling. I didn't read the fine print until I got it here and saw that there was no 1/4-20 mandrel, which is exactly the one I needed. Looking again, the mandrel is another $15. Total $71. But (and this is a big butt) it's closed on Sunday.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#rivet-nut-i...-tools/=wfdt6q

So I found one at Sears for $50, got the tool gal on the phone, but she was "waiting on a customer and would be right back."
http://www.sears.com/unknown-profess...p-SPM667145614

While on hold, I thought, "What the heck! I'll check good old Harbor Freight!" And there it was staring me in the face dangling $19.99, including 1/4-20 mandrel and several others, even a few rivets for each size. So I let out a yahooooo, grabbed a sody pop, leaped into the Studebaker, lighted up a stogy, checked the basketball scores on the radio, peeled out on 2 wheels and picked one up. Now I'm back installing rivets like they're going out of style, singing lumberjack songs with my best gal by my side. Once again... life is good...
http://www.harborfreight.com/45-piec...-kit-1210.html

Best thing about McMaster is EZ returns as long as they ain't wore out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the humorous tale...I only see lame attempts at this forum (I won't mention names but you know who you are).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/22/2015 10:08 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
[...]

A couple decades ago, I got a nut riveter from HF,
long before they had a store near me. Used it and
some machine screws to put a work bench in the back
of my van. Made it much easier to pull out, and put
in the next van.

Nut rivets sure can be handy to have.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

They are also called, "Nutserts".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 08:53:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

They are also called, "Nutserts".

Or "rivnuts"

Harbor Freight mike[_7_] UK diy 13 September 19th 14 12:53 AM
Where did Harbor Freight come from? hr(bob) [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 27th 12 01:20 PM
Off to Harbor Freight [email protected] Woodworking 19 April 4th 09 10:17 PM
Harbor Freight DC Jimmy Woodworking 12 November 18th 05 05:11 PM
Threaded insert help... [email protected] Woodworking 11 June 6th 05 06:05 AM