Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag Range Repair - Fishing Element wire

I have pulled a real knuckle-head move. Replacing the baking element on my Maytag wall oven (Mod # W131B-C) I let the power lead slide back into the back of the oven and is now lost in the insulation.

Any suggestions on how to retrieve it. I've tried using a hooked wire to fish around in there but to no avail.

Thanks,

Ian
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have pulled a real knuckle-head move. Replacing the baking element on my Maytag wall oven (Mod # W131B-C) I let the power lead slide back into the back of the oven and is now lost in the insulation.

Any suggestions on how to retrieve it. I've tried using a hooked wire to fish around in there but to no avail.

Thanks,

Ian

Not being able to see what you have to work with, there isn't much
to go on here. I'm assuming you have a hole of some size. Other
than trying with a coat hanger to snag it, IDK anything else you
can do. Are you assuming it went down, sure of that, etc? Depending
on how it was run, any chance it went up and you're only trying to
find it down? You could also look online at parts stores or manufacturer
for diagrams. They may show how the wires are routed, how it comes
apart, etc. If you can't snag it and you're lucky, maybe it's just
a matter of taking it out of the wall and then an access panel. Unlucky,
it could be worse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 06:43:21 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

[...]

OP might try a Flexible Claw Pick Up Tool. Better chance to grasp the
wire... https://tinyurl.com/ly4vu2t