Posted to alt.home.repair

Default maytag range repair for a friend

Some friends asked if i ccould fix their stove, the burners are fine
but the electric ignition just clicks on the oven, and it doesnt
light.

how bad a job might this be? sorry i dont have a model number
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Some friends asked if i ccould fix their stove, the burners are fine
but the electric ignition just clicks on the oven, and it doesnt
light.

how bad a job might this be? sorry i dont have a model number

Depends on your age. At 62, bad knee and arthritis, it can be a bitch of a
job. At 40, no big deal.

Try www.repairclinic.com www.applianceaid.com for some help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 22, 10:43�pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

Some friends asked if i ccould fix their stove, the burners are fine
but the electric ignition just clicks on the oven, and it doesnt
light.

how bad a job might this be? sorry i dont have a model number

Depends on your age. �At 62, bad knee and arthritis, it can be a bitch of a
job. �At 40, no big deal.

Trywww.repairclinic.com�www.applianceaid.com�for some help..

i am 51, just wondering how bad what it might be. never had this
problem before.

however i fixed a couple electric dryers recently, and have never
owned or worked on one. i fix office machines daily, but kinda enjoy a
challenge, but dont want to accidently muck up someones appliance
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:22:49 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Some friends asked if i ccould fix their stove, the burners are fine
but the electric ignition just clicks on the oven, and it doesnt
light.

how bad a job might this be? sorry i dont have a model number

Appliance repairs these days are just a matter of identifying the
faulty module and replacing that. There are no component repairs and
hardly any adjustments anymore.

My plan of attack will be to remove the igniter module and clean the
parts. Take down the part number in case you need a replacement
module. After cleaning inspect for loose parts or parts out of
alignment (alignment as you would suspect in a spark plug gap).
Reinstall and see if that works. If not replace. You would have
saved a service call costing $70 or more. Before you install the
replacement part compare its operation with the faulty one. You might
learn something useful.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Some friends asked if i ccould fix their stove, the burners are fine
but the electric ignition just clicks on the oven, and it doesnt
light.

how bad a job might this be? sorry i dont have a model number

In addition to what others said, check your libary for repair books specific
to the model in question. That's where I once found a repair manual that
helped me fix a dryer, and later, a washing machine. When I went to get the
parts for these appliances, I found that the store sold the exact same
books. So, if your library doesn't have them, call a few appliance parts
dealers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 22, 9:22 pm, " wrote:
Some friends asked if i ccould fix their stove, the burners are fine
but the electric ignition just clicks on the oven, and it doesn't
light.

how bad a job might this be? sorry i don't have a model number

My Maytag oven is lit by a glow-bar...so I can't advise, but keep in
mind there is a liability factor to consider. (fire "caused" by repair
scenario)
Posted to alt.home.repair

My Maytag oven is lit by a glow-bar...so I can't advise, but keep in
mind there is a liability factor to consider. (fire "caused" by repair
scenario)

thanks its a good point, i fix machines for a living.........

have a business liabilty policy that costs a fortune..

it includes all sorts of equiptement. so if something truly bad
happened i could call it work..........
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 23, 12:04�pm, "Blattus Slafaly � � 0/00 "
My Maytag oven is lit by a glow-bar...so I can't advise, but keep in
mind there is a liability factor to consider. (fire "caused" by repair
scenario)

thanks its a good point, i fix machines for a living.........

have a business liabilty policy that costs a fortune..

it includes all sorts of equiptement. so if something truly bad
happened i could call it work..........

Sounds like you are working for the insurance company.

--
Blattus Slafaly �? 3 � � �7/8

its about 800 a year for million dollar coverage, it started at under
200 bucks but skyrocketed recently, like last few years.

glad to say i never had a claim...........