Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honeywell Focus Pro 5000 Home Heat Thermostat Problem ?

Hello,

Have a Honeywell Focus Pro thermostat for our home heating
system. Heat only. Forced hot water.

Grerat thermostat. Couldn't be happier with it.

But,

Yesterday, two different times, the Set Temp. jumped to about 85 deg. on
its own Wow !

Batteries are new. No "Replace Battery" warning.
Furnace works fine.

Thermostat also seems to work just fine, other than this "jumping".

Any thoughts as to what be happening ?

Needs replacement, or...?

Thanks,
Bob

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Have a Honeywell Focus Pro thermostat for our home heating
system. Heat only. Forced hot water.

Grerat thermostat. Couldn't be happier with it.

But,

Yesterday, two different times, the Set Temp. jumped to about 85 deg. on
its own Wow !

Batteries are new. No "Replace Battery" warning.
Furnace works fine.

Thermostat also seems to work just fine, other than this "jumping".

Any thoughts as to what be happening ?

Needs replacement, or...?

Thanks,
Bob

---

I gotz "forced" water, too, Bob. It's called pressure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 8:02:30 AM UTC-4, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Have a Honeywell Focus Pro thermostat for our home heating
system. Heat only. Forced hot water.

Grerat thermostat. Couldn't be happier with it.

But,

Yesterday, two different times, the Set Temp. jumped to about 85 deg. on
its own Wow !

Batteries are new. No "Replace Battery" warning.
Furnace works fine.

Thermostat also seems to work just fine, other than this "jumping".

Any thoughts as to what be happening ?

Needs replacement, or...?

Thanks,
Bob

Assuming you've ruled out any possibility of human involvement,
then yes, I'd say it's defective, would not trust it, and would
replace it ASAP. And until it's replaced, I'd keep an eye on it,
turn it off if you're away from the house, etc.

I have experience with a couple of Honeywell VisionPros and
highly recommend them. The only downside is that HW won't
talk to you for help in anything to do with setting them up,
setting the programming options, etc. They want you to call a
guy with his butt crack showing to come for a visit.

If I were buying a new thermostat I'd want one that has wireless
internet connectivity. Main feature there that I'd like is the
ability to get the thing going when you're on your way back
after having it set back. Example would be going on vacation
or even a local trip when you're not sure when you'll be back.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 08:02:20 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Have a Honeywell Focus Pro thermostat for our home heating
system. Heat only. Forced hot water.

Grerat thermostat. Couldn't be happier with it.

But,

Yesterday, two different times, the Set Temp. jumped to about 85 deg. on
its own Wow !

Batteries are new. No "Replace Battery" warning.
Furnace works fine.

Thermostat also seems to work just fine, other than this "jumping".

Any thoughts as to what be happening ?

Needs replacement, or...?

Thanks,
Bob

Did you check the program? Maybe it mistakenly got set to turn the
temp up to 85. You could also try a full factory reset. Even if that
is the case and a full reset fixes it, I would still think about
replacing it unless you are sure you somehow caused the problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 08:02:20 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Have a Honeywell Focus Pro thermostat for our home heating
system. Heat only. Forced hot water.

Grerat thermostat. Couldn't be happier with it.

But,

Yesterday, two different times, the Set Temp. jumped to about 85 deg. on
its own Wow !

Batteries are new. No "Replace Battery" warning.
Furnace works fine.

Thermostat also seems to work just fine, other than this "jumping".

Any thoughts as to what be happening ?

Needs replacement, or...?

Thanks,
Bob

Oops. My previous post assumed it was programmable, but it look like
it isn't. I would still check for a reset function and try that - or
just buy a new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob wrote:
Hello,

Have a Honeywell Focus Pro thermostat for our home heating
system. Heat only. Forced hot water.

Grerat thermostat. Couldn't be happier with it.

But,

Yesterday, two different times, the Set Temp. jumped to about 85 deg. on
its own Wow !

Batteries are new. No "Replace Battery" warning.
Furnace works fine.

Thermostat also seems to work just fine, other than this "jumping".

Any thoughts as to what be happening ?

Needs replacement, or...?

Thanks,
Bob

---

Hi,
I'd give it one more chance to see it acts up again.
If it happens again, time to replace.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat wrote:
[...]

Right. If it were programmable, most programmable 'stats can be tested
in service mode. I am wondering if there was power spike or some thing
like that in the house yesterday.