Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Honeywell thermostat problem

My programmable thermostat has started behaving strangely. The digital
display one day showed 78F (at this time it should be 69F). The room
was very warm. Sometimes it sets itself correctly, at other times the
reading shows 21F although the room is not cold. This does not seem to
be the problem when it is in sleep mode at a temp of around 63F. When
it wakes up in the evening it should go up to 69F. That's when the temp
shows different numbers.

Does the battery need replacing? It takes 2 AAs. Thanks.
Mark Sabatini

Jonathan Kamens

It seems to me that it would have made sense for you to try
replacing the batteries before posting in this newsgroup.
Dead batteries is by far the most likely explanation when a
battery-powered thermostat starts acting strangely.
Rich Greenberg

In article . com,
wrote:
My programmable thermostat has started behaving strangely. The digital
display one day showed 78F (at this time it should be 69F). The room
was very warm. Sometimes it sets itself correctly, at other times the
reading shows 21F although the room is not cold. This does not seem to
be the problem when it is in sleep mode at a temp of around 63F. When
it wakes up in the evening it should go up to 69F. That's when the temp
shows different numbers.

Does the battery need replacing? It takes 2 AAs. Thanks.

The battery may be bad, and thats the first thing to try. The
thermostat may be broken.

TURTLE

wrote in message
ups.com...
My programmable thermostat has started behaving strangely. The digital
display one day showed 78F (at this time it should be 69F). The room
was very warm. Sometimes it sets itself correctly, at other times the
reading shows 21F although the room is not cold. This does not seem to
be the problem when it is in sleep mode at a temp of around 63F. When
it wakes up in the evening it should go up to 69F. That's when the temp
shows different numbers.

Does the battery need replacing? It takes 2 AAs. Thanks.
Mark Sabatini

Remove the batterys and let it sit for 4 hour without batterys in it and then
replace batterys and see what happens. Here is your start.

TURTLE