Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window Blinds - Levelor vs Bali

Okay, I'm upset. Ordered 2 faux wood 2" slat blinds (old fashioned
kind) for living room windows. Spent a whole day plus installing
brackets exactly as instructions advise. Measured very carefully.
Blinds are custom size and I was so excited to get them! Hubby helped
me put them into the brackets and ..... oh ****....the brackets are too
far apart. Haul them out to the dining room, go pout for a minute.
Inspired: measure the blinds again: 1/2" too short. Get on live chat
with the seller; no problem, we will send correct size. Newspaper on LR
windows, wait a week. Got two more blinds, and they don't need to have
the first ones returned. Unpack one set, take out of box...oh ****...big
dent on back side of header and these are tapeless. Well, tapeless
might actually look better and I WANT SOMETHING ON MY WINDOWS BESIDES
NEWSPAPER! Put them into brackets, ready to try them out ....oh
****.....I can't lower them. Tug on cords and the plastic drywall
anchors are not fast. Can't lower them. Take the blind down, put back
in box, remove all brackets and store with first set of blinds. Dash
off an email on sellers website. That was Saturday. No response yet.
I'm ready to load them up and march on the store, which my husbands has
gently but firmly declined to participate in.

After checking the innards to see if I could lower the blinds, I
realized how cheaply the Levelor blinds are...don't think the mechanics
are sturdy enough for any but a very narrow blind, and these are 59"
wide. I'm wondering if anyone has tried Levelor AND Bali and can tell
whether there is a difference in strength and quality? I checked
Consumer Reports, but couldn't find any info there.

Bowed window - blinds? John UK diy 7 December 9th 08 10:54 AM
RECALL: Window Blinds Sold Exclusively at Lowe's Stores Recalled for Repair by Springs Window Fashions Due to Strangulation Hazard Greg Home Repair 0 August 3rd 07 11:21 PM
RECALL: Window Blinds Sold Exclusively at Lowe's Stores Recalled for Repair by Springs Window Fashions Due to Strangulation Hazard Greg Home Ownership 0 August 3rd 07 11:21 PM
Bali Vertical Blinds vs. Graber Vertical Blinds (Vynil) - which one is better? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 30th 06 08:20 PM
Choosing vertical blinds - Bali vs Graber vs Levolor [email protected] Home Ownership 2 April 24th 06 04:24 PM