Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind if gas is used in BIC lighters?

What kind if gas is used in BIC lighters?

It cant be propane, because they will not light if they get really cold
from being in my car.

I can light a propane torch in the cold, but not these damn lighters...
I usually have to hold them in my bare hands for at least 5 min. before
they light. Brand dont matter. Whether they are BIC, or some cheap
generic ones, they just will not light in the cold. You'd think some
one would have made lighters INTENDED for cold weather by now....

I dont know if those old Zippo lighters will work in the cold, I stopped
using them 40 years ago, after that fluid leaked out in my pocket and
left a nasty "chemical burn" on my leg.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 9:19:50 PM UTC-6, wrote:
What kind if gas is used in BIC lighters?

It cant be propane, because they will not light if they get really cold
from being in my car.

I can light a propane torch in the cold, but not these damn lighters...
I usually have to hold them in my bare hands for at least 5 min. before
they light. Brand dont matter. Whether they are BIC, or some cheap
generic ones, they just will not light in the cold. You'd think some
one would have made lighters INTENDED for cold weather by now....

Google would have told you is butane.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/2/2015 10:35 PM, bob_villa wrote:

Google would have told you is butane.

Google would have told him the answer to 95% of all the questions he
asks in here.

Children don't even ask as many questions as he does.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe you should just quit smoking?

anyone smoking today has a total lack of common sense.........{({(

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/03/2015 05:20 AM, bob haller wrote:

Maybe you should just quit smoking?

anyone smoking today has a total lack of common sense.........{({(

The majority of smokers know it's bad but are too addicted to quit.

My wife is an ex-smoker and when we leave the grocery store
we walk by the $75 a carton cigarettes and say:

"Wow, look at that, too bad we wasted our money on food."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of gas is used in BIC lighters?

On 3/3/2015 6:20 AM, bob haller wrote:

Maybe you should just quit smoking?

anyone smoking today has a total lack of common sense.........{({(

Smoking killed Leonard Nimoy at an early age. Also killed
my father, and other folks I'm sure.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/2015 6:40 AM, philo wrote:
The majority of smokers know it's bad but are too addicted to quit.

My wife is an ex-smoker and when we leave the grocery store
we walk by the $75 a carton cigarettes and say:

"Wow, look at that, too bad we wasted our money on food."

Makes more sense to go home and light dollar bills
on fire, at least you're less likely to breathe
them and die early.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote in :

On 3/2/2015 10:35 PM, bob_villa wrote:

Google would have told you is butane.

Google would have told him the answer to 95% of all the questions he
asks in here.

Children don't even ask as many questions as he does.

It's his way of getting attention. Just like micky and Danny D. They don't
realize how stupid it make them look.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Zak W writes:

Meanie wrote in :

On 3/2/2015 10:35 PM, bob_villa wrote:

Google would have told you is butane.

Google would have told him the answer to 95% of all the questions he
asks in here.

Children don't even ask as many questions as he does.

It's his way of getting attention. Just like micky and Danny D. They don't
realize how stupid it make them look.

Wow.

My irony meter just caught fire, burned a hole in the floor and was last
seen heading toward China.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote in :

My irony meter just caught fire, burned a hole in the floor and was
last seen heading toward China.

You should keep a fire extinguisher around.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 9:19:50 PM UTC-6, wrote:

It cant be propane, because they will not light if they get really cold
from being in my car.

How many seconds does it take to warm in your hand?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
What kind if gas is used in BIC lighters?

It cant be propane, because they will not light if they get really cold
from being in my car.

I can light a propane torch in the cold, but not these damn lighters...
I usually have to hold them in my bare hands for at least 5 min. before
they light. Brand dont matter. Whether they are BIC, or some cheap
generic ones, they just will not light in the cold. You'd think some
one would have made lighters INTENDED for cold weather by now....

I dont know if those old Zippo lighters will work in the cold, I stopped
using them 40 years ago, after that fluid leaked out in my pocket and
left a nasty "chemical burn" on my leg.

Read the packageing likely says BUTANE. Which may be way it's called a
BUTANE lighter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

aWhich is why I have always wonderd at people who include them in emergency kits.

I have seen several lists of survival kits including them. Totally useless in the cold.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 10:48:11 AM UTC-6, Harry K wrote:
Which is why I have always wonderd at people who include them in emergency kits.

I have seen several lists of survival kits including them. Totally useless in the cold.

Harry K

May be you have me blocked (can't imagine why?)...how long does it take to warm a small lighter in your hand or pocket?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:50:46 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

On 3/2/2015 10:35 PM, bob_villa wrote:

Google would have told you is butane.

Google would have told him the answer to 95% of all the questions he
asks in here.

Children don't even ask as many questions as he does.

Does "Home Guy" ring a bell?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/03/2015 05:40 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/03/2015 05:20 AM, bob haller wrote:

Maybe you should just quit smoking?

anyone smoking today has a total lack of common sense.........{({(

The majority of smokers know it's bad but are too addicted to quit.

But they weren't addicted when they STARTED. I never understood why
anyone would. When I was young, I knew nothing of the health problems.
Smoking still stinks, and there's the fire hazard.

BTW, my grandfather chewed tobacco. My grandmother complained about it,
but at least he wasn't spitting it out in people's faces. That'd make it
more like smoking.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/03/2015 06:32 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/3/2015 6:40 AM, philo wrote:
The majority of smokers know it's bad but are too addicted to quit.

My wife is an ex-smoker and when we leave the grocery store
we walk by the $75 a carton cigarettes and say:

"Wow, look at that, too bad we wasted our money on food."

Makes more sense to go home and light dollar bills
on fire, at least you're less likely to breathe
them and die early.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

I remember seeing this poster in a doctor's exam room. From a distance
it looked like a cigarette. When you get closer, it's dimes and pennies.
It's about all the money smokers spend on the habit.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/2015 11:48 AM, Harry K wrote:
aWhich is why I have always wonderd at people who include them in emergency kits.

I have seen several lists of survival kits including them. Totally useless in the cold.

Harry K

Unless you know to warm it up....

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/2/2015 10:35 PM, bob_villa wrote:

Google would have told you is butane.

Google would have told him the answer to 95% of all the questions he
asks in here.

Children don't even ask as many questions as he does.

Does "Home Guy" ring a bell?

Like fingernails running along a chalkboard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 08:48:06 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

aWhich is why I have always wonderd at people who include them in emergency kits.

I have seen several lists of survival kits including them. Totally useless in the cold.

Harry K

Put them in your arm-pit for a few minutes and they light.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:45:26 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/3/2015 11:48 AM, Harry K wrote:
aWhich is why I have always wonderd at people who include them in emergency kits.

I have seen several lists of survival kits including them. Totally useless in the cold.

Harry K

Unless you know to warm it up....

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Harry know something useful????????

Na, not in our lifetimes.

Fire rated down lighters Tricky Dicky[_4_] UK diy 1 September 28th 13 07:57 PM
Down-lighters - fire hoods Camdor[_2_] UK diy 13 October 27th 10 07:30 PM
Gas range lighters KO Higgs Boson[_2_] Home Repair 9 June 29th 09 12:29 PM
converting down lighters Chris UK diy 3 January 11th 08 05:51 PM
Are Piezoelectric Gas Lighters really this crap? Mick6 UK diy 15 December 4th 06 11:51 AM