Posted to alt.home.repair
Kasha Kasha is offline

Default What kind if gas is used in BIC lighters?

On 03/03/2015 03:19 AM, wrote:
What kind if gas is used in BIC lighters?

It cant be propane, because they will not light if they get really cold
from being in my car.

I can light a propane torch in the cold, but not these damn lighters...
I usually have to hold them in my bare hands for at least 5 min. before
they light. Brand dont matter. Whether they are BIC, or some cheap
generic ones, they just will not light in the cold. You'd think some
one would have made lighters INTENDED for cold weather by now....

I dont know if those old Zippo lighters will work in the cold, I stopped
using them 40 years ago, after that fluid leaked out in my pocket and
left a nasty "chemical burn" on my leg.

Maybe you should just quit smoking?