Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long to "book" York wallpapers

The instructions for my York Prepasted Wallpaper do not say how long to Book the paper before applying to the wall. Several Youtube videos say to Book for 5 - 10 minutes, York says nothing on the paper instuctions that come with the wallpaper. Help!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 07:56:00 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

The instructions for my York Prepasted Wallpaper do not say how long to Book the paper before applying to the wall. Several Youtube videos say to Book for 5 - 10 minutes, York says nothing on the paper instuctions that come with the wallpaper. Help!

I'll wager a guess. When the adhesive is tacky, time to apply the
paper on the wall?

IOW, pay close attention and do not over do it...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the advice. The small bathroom I'm papering is about 3/4 done, I booked for only 3 minutes and it seems to be working out ok, I also sent a message to York and pointed out the problem with their instructions. I'll post here when I get a response (hopefully they do give a damn about their customers).

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The instructions for my York Prepasted Wallpaper do not say how long to Book the paper before applying to the wall. Several Youtube videos say to Book for 5 - 10 minutes, York says nothing on the paper instuctions that come with the wallpaper. Help!

It can be variable depending upon the hardness of the water. I, and
most of the other contractors I know, use a pre-mixed pre-paste
adhesive applied with a 7" roller instead of wetting the paper.
FWIW
YMMV