Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

Default Do they make a fire-hose type of garden hose?

Do they make a fire-hose type of garden hose?

It seems to me that I've seen something like that advertised, but cant
find it now.

I'm on a farm, and I have to fill water tanks for livestock in the
winter. That means keeping hoses in the house, then dragging them
outdoors to fill tanks, and as soon as they get cold, they get real
stiff and are a big pain to use.

I completely gave up on all plastic hoses, which get VERY stiff, and
bought expensive rubber hoses. They too get stiff, but not as badly.
But they get heavy when I have to haul 2 or 3 fifty footers at once, and
it's amazing how they manage to get stuck on clumps of ice or frozen
snow, which quickly makes me cuss.

Hose reels are worthless in the cold. The hoses are just too stiff to
wind up, and most of the time I'm too cold to screw around with a reel
anyhow.

I know the real Fire Hoses are heavy, but they are 2 or 3 inch diameter
hoses. I would think that a cloth covered 5/8" or 3/4" hose would be
much lighter than solid rubber and would not get nearly as stiff. (And
might even easily wind onto a reel).

Does anyone know where they sell these (If they do)?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 6:08:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

A google search for "garden hose" quickly produced this:

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/i...AhQ&redirect=y

That link probably wouldn't work, but google will.
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair