Posted to alt.fiftyplus,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

Default Why Do PTSD Evaluations Take So Long?

"MarcusAurelius" wrote in message
My squad leader in Vietnam died of complications related to PTSD before it
was widely recognized and treated. He was wounded in action in Vietnam on
several occasions. He told me that he developed his PTSD from the severe
discrimination, offensive, demeaning, and rude treatment that he received
when he returned to the USA. Of course, the aforementioned makes me
extremely angry!

Afterwards, I was diagnosed with severe schizophrenia. I was committed to
Bellevue State Mental Hospital, were they gave me lots of drugs. The
doctors said the drugs would help. In hindsight I cannot say for sure. One
day I asked my doctors for a G.I. Joe Army doll. I had one as a boy. At
first they were unsure of my request, thought my play acting might send me
back into the realm of mental instability. Finally they agreed to let me
have him. Since that time he and I have accomplished many successful
missions in Nam. I am like Rambo, and Joe is Chuck. Together we kick ass.
We rule in Nam!

Posted to alt.fiftyplus,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

"Col. Edmund Burke" wrote in
:

"MarcusAurelius" wrote in message

My squad leader in Vietnam died of complications related to PTSD
before it was widely recognized and treated. He was wounded in action
in Vietnam on several occasions. He told me that he developed his PTSD
from the severe discrimination, offensive, demeaning, and rude
treatment that he received when he returned to the USA. Of course, the
aforementioned makes me extremely angry!

Such discrimination was extremely rare; almost to the point of non-
existence. See http://www.didnothappen.org/

Afterwards, I was diagnosed with severe schizophrenia. I was
committed to Bellevue State Mental Hospital, were they gave me lots of
drugs. The doctors said the drugs would help. In hindsight I cannot
say for sure. One day I asked my doctors for a G.I. Joe Army doll. I
had one as a boy. At first they were unsure of my request, thought my
play acting might send me back into the realm of mental instability.
Finally they agreed to let me have him. Since that time he and I have
accomplished many successful missions in Nam. I am like Rambo, and
Joe is Chuck. Together we kick ass. We rule in Nam!

Very cool! Thanks.
Posted to alt.fiftyplus,alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam

"Zak W" wrote in message
"Col. Edmund Burke" wrote in
:

[...]

Yer most welcome, and I hoped you enjoyed my little pleasure piece above.
During Army life, I became an accomplished writer at an early age--back when
I sported on two butter bars. Now at my advanced age I feel my writings put
me into the same arena with folks like Arthur Schopenhauer, Charles Dickens,
and Henry (Hank) David Thoreau. God bless.