Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Watch your Phone/Cable Installer

For anyone switching between phone and cable, cable guy told me he was "instructed" to disconnect the wiring inside the telephone company box so that it could not be reconnected. I told him not to and he left it alone.

I'm putting a lock on mine now, just in case another cable guy comes or if the phone company sends someone over to screw around with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/23/2015 11:59 AM, Sasquatch Jones wrote:
For anyone switching between phone and cable, cable guy told me he was "instructed" to disconnect the wiring inside the telephone company box so that it could not be reconnected. I told him not to and he left it alone.

I'm putting a lock on mine now, just in case another cable guy comes or if the phone company sends someone over to screw around with it.

When I got cable phone (suddenlink) they did nothing to the existing
phone wires.

They did send an installer out (they didn't for TV and internet, I wish
they wouldn't for phone). I tried to minimize their interference by
already having a cable going to a spot next to a cordless phone base.
All they did was connect it.

Later, after verifying landline service was off, I disconnected the
wiring where it enters my house and connected it to the cable phone box.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"time is a precious thing, if you don't use it today, you can't use it
tomorrow.." DON'T WASTE IT ON RELIGION..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message ...
[...]

Sounds good. The installer said he would do that also, but I didn't want him rooting around the phone circuits and chance messing up the 2nd Verizon line that is still connected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/23/2015 12:59 PM, Sasquatch Jones wrote:
For anyone switching between phone and cable, cable guy told me he was "instructed" to disconnect the wiring inside the telephone company box so that it could not be reconnected. I told him not to and he left it alone.

I'm putting a lock on mine now, just in case another cable guy comes or if the phone company sends someone over to screw around with it.

Keep an eye on yer dog too. Mine was in heat and she was walking funny and dripping after the phone company guy left.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:24:09 -0600, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[...]

Sounds just like what I would want to do, except I didn't really
understand which wires went where. :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message ...
[...]

It's not that hard really. I didn't know anything about phone wiring, opened up the jack housing and saw only 2 had wires coming in, blue and white in my case.

From googling - phone jack wiring...
http://www.lanshack.com/wire_phone_jack.aspx

http://cdn.schematic.pics/images/www...rawing_ED2.JPG