Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,sci.electronics.repair

Default Interesting Cell Phone information: watch what you say...

Bob

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,sci.electronics.repair

Even when the phone is turned off? I doubt that, unless the FBI modified
the phone.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,sci.electronics.repair

Charles Schuler wrote:
Even when the phone is turned off? I doubt that, unless the FBI modified
the phone.

It says that the phones were bugged, so it was an independent device
apart from the actual phone.

Rupert

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,sci.electronics.repair

"Charles Schuler" writes:

Even when the phone is turned off? I doubt that, unless the FBI modified
the phone.

Yeah that's the part that doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you turn your particular phone off and hold it near an AM radio,
and you hear noise indicating RF communication from your cell phone
though, and leaving your phone off drains your battery over a day or
so... THEN worry.

But, powered up, yeah, I can imagine there are ways via firmware/
software for those with sufficient privilege to do about anything they
wanted. But, again, such remote listening would have to involve rf
communication to the tower, which would be noticeable as battery drain
and emissions related noise near an am radio.

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,sci.electronics.repair

"Todd H." wrote:

"Charles Schuler" writes:

Even when the phone is turned off? I doubt that, unless the FBI modified
the phone.

Yeah that's the part that doesn't make a lot of sense.

The myth could be useful to hide the way it was actually done.

Peter Larsen