Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adventures in home ownership

Hi All,

Oh Poop! Literally!

The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace).
I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE!

Yesterday was spent sucking it out. Dryer ran all night.
More sucking today and plastic down so the pipe can be changed.
(The plumber said he did not swim through sewage, so we had
to suck it out first, then put down some dry visqueen).

And we are off any water down any drain (let your imagination
wander on that one).

Once the pipe get replaced, we can finally put "contents of the
bowl" down the drain.

And then the water removal guy gets to come back and remove
all the old visqueen, put down lime, and re visqueen the place.

THE STICK THE STINK THE STINK THE STINK. You can probably
find my place from space!

Bitch, bitch, bitch!

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 10:37:41 -0800, Todd wrote:

[...]

Go fishing for trout?

Though **** living in northern Nevada

Customer: "you have a ****ty job."

Plumber: "It all comes out in green money on Friday."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 11:01 AM, Oren wrote:
[...]

And the blow dryer is blowing it out all the vents into
the neighborhood. You can almost hear the neighbors
looking in horror at each other saying "I thought that
was you!" As for me, I am just going to look innocent
and act just as surprised as the rest of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 12:37 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

Oh Poop! Literally!

The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace).
I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE!

Yesterday was spent sucking it out.

Since you are a new home owned I will give you a hint.

Rather than "sucking it out" I suggest you uses tubes and pumps the next
time.

Anyway be sure to rinse your mouth out .

Dryer ran all night.
More sucking today and plastic down so the pipe can be changed.
(The plumber said he did not swim through sewage, so we had
to suck it out first, then put down some dry visqueen).

And we are off any water down any drain (let your imagination
wander on that one).

Once the pipe get replaced, we can finally put "contents of the
bowl" down the drain.

And then the water removal guy gets to come back and remove
all the old visqueen, put down lime, and re visqueen the place.

THE STICK THE STINK THE STINK THE STINK. You can probably
find my place from space!

Bitch, bitch, bitch!

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd wrote:
The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace).
I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE!

i didn't think they sold places like that any
longer?

songbird

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 11:14 AM, songbird wrote:
Todd wrote:
The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace).
I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE!

i didn't think they sold places like that any
longer?

songbird

They don't. You have to bust your sewer pipe in your
crawlspace to get one. Fortunately, we figured it out before
it spilled out the foundation air vents.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren: "Detroit"

Or a village like the one in 'Deliverance'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 01:32 PM, Todd wrote:
On 01/09/2015 11:05 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/09/2015 12:37 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

Oh Poop! Literally!

The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace).
I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE!

Yesterday was spent sucking it out.

Since you are a new home owned I will give you a hint.

Rather than "sucking it out" I suggest you uses tubes and pumps the next
time.

Anyway be sure to rinse your mouth out .

You are a funny bunny!

Mt dumb jokes just pop out I have no control

sorry

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 03:07 PM, Todd wrote:
On 01/09/2015 12:57 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/09/2015 01:32 PM, Todd wrote:
On 01/09/2015 11:05 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/09/2015 12:37 PM, Todd wrote:

You are a funny bunny!

Mt dumb jokes just pop out I have no control

You and me both.

At least for everyone one I tell on Usenet...is one less I have to tell
my wife...

She gives me the evil raised eyebrow look
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 02:31 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/09/2015 03:07 PM, Todd wrote:
On 01/09/2015 12:57 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/09/2015 01:32 PM, Todd wrote:
On 01/09/2015 11:05 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/09/2015 12:37 PM, Todd wrote:

You are a funny bunny!

Mt dumb jokes just pop out I have no control

You and me both.

At least for everyone one I tell on Usenet...is one less I have to tell
my wife...

She gives me the evil raised eyebrow look

The evil eyebrow is half the fun!

Here is one for your wife:

Q.: what do you get when you cross the Atlantic
with the Titanic?

A.: About half way

If you don't get the eyebrow, you didn't tell it right!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 04:36 PM, Todd wrote:
eyebrow look

The evil eyebrow is half the fun!

Here is one for your wife:

Q.: what do you get when you cross the Atlantic
with the Titanic?

A.: About half way

If you don't get the eyebrow, you didn't tell it right!

She did not bother to raise her eyebrow for that one.

Most of the time my deliver is so bad, there is no hope
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Todd typed:
[...]

Be sure to check your homeowners insurance policy. Some policies include
that as a covered loss and will pay for the cleanup and remediation,
including sanitizing the area to prevent mold etc. and eliminate bacteria.
Those policies often do not pay for the plumbing repair itself but do pay
for the clean-up, including environmental cleanup.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 04:07 PM, TomR wrote:
[...]

Called them yesterday. Unless the weather did it, they consider it
normal wear and tear. Plumber and water clean up guys confirmed
that as well. Rats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2015 04:16 PM, micky wrote:
Sorry to hear this. Take my post in the previous thread as if I knew
all this then.

We now have drainage. There is one tiny, slow drip over on
the washing machine side. The plumber claims there will be
no poo-poo coming from it and to go ahead and use it
until he comes out Monday to finish the job. Thursday,
the clean up guys finished removing the visqueen and
doing the bacteria thing.

This has been an adventure.

Now I think I will go and take a long awaited ...
(What??? This is a family group!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 16:37:46 -0800, Todd wrote:

On 01/09/2015 04:07 PM, TomR wrote:
Be sure to check your homeowners insurance policy. Some policies include
that as a covered loss and will pay for the cleanup and remediation,
including sanitizing the area to prevent mold etc. and eliminate bacteria.
Those policies often do not pay for the plumbing repair itself but do pay
for the clean-up, including environmental cleanup.

Called them yesterday. Unless the weather did it, they consider it
normal wear and tear. Plumber and water clean up guys confirmed
that as well. Rats.

Insurance won't pay for rats either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adventures in home ownership and joke telling

On 1/9/2015 5:47 PM, philo wrote:
Here is one for your wife:

Q.: what do you get when you cross the Atlantic
with the Titanic?

A.: About half way

If you don't get the eyebrow, you didn't tell it right!

She did not bother to raise her eyebrow for that one.

Most of the time my deliver is so bad, there is no hope

My Mom used to tell jokes, and get them wrong. We'd heard
the joke before, so we knew how it was "supposed" to go.

I can remember one such, but it's PG13 rated, not sure I should
tell it here.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2015 7:41 PM, Todd wrote:

This has been an adventure.

Now I think I will go and take a long awaited ...
(What??? This is a family group!)

"nap". Is that the term you were seeking?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 16:37:46 -0800, Todd wrote:

Be sure to check your homeowners insurance policy. Some policies include
that as a covered loss and will pay for the cleanup and remediation,
including sanitizing the area to prevent mold etc. and eliminate bacteria.
Those policies often do not pay for the plumbing repair itself but do pay
for the clean-up, including environmental cleanup.

Called them yesterday. Unless the weather did it, they consider it
normal wear and tear. Plumber and water clean up guys confirmed
that as well. Rats.

Fernley: _Levee Break Floods Town Near Reno_
Jan 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsllMIjdCLA

"... sure 'nuff, there come the water."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 20:56:01 -0500, micky
wrote:

Insurance won't pay for rats either.

The exact reason they control much of the money.

$

- Insurance
- Banks
- Lawyers

(back to rat killin')
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/10/2015 06:07 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/9/2015 7:41 PM, Todd wrote:

This has been an adventure.

Now I think I will go and take a long awaited ...
(What??? This is a family group!)

"nap". Is that the term you were seeking?

Uh ... yes, it was nap. Thank you for rescuing me!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 10:56:49 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 16:37:46 -0800, Todd wrote:

Be sure to check your homeowners insurance policy. Some policies include
that as a covered loss and will pay for the cleanup and remediation,
including sanitizing the area to prevent mold etc. and eliminate bacteria.
Those policies often do not pay for the plumbing repair itself but do pay
for the clean-up, including environmental cleanup.

Called them yesterday. Unless the weather did it, they consider it
normal wear and tear. Plumber and water clean up guys confirmed
that as well. Rats.

Fernley: _Levee Break Floods Town Near Reno_
Jan 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsllMIjdCLA

"... sure 'nuff, there come the water."

And unless you have flood insurance, any surface water entering the
house, by whatever means, is also not covered.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 16:07:59 -0500, wrote:

Called them yesterday. Unless the weather did it, they consider it
normal wear and tear. Plumber and water clean up guys confirmed
that as well. Rats.

Fernley: _Levee Break Floods Town Near Reno_
Jan 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsllMIjdCLA

"... sure 'nuff, there come the water."

And unless you have flood insurance, any surface water entering the
house, by whatever means, is also not covered.

A recent report from our EPA, about flood insurance, relates maps are
flawed and home owners paid for what they did not need.

Hi,
My son is in civil engineering with water specialty, he said map is
flawed because it is based on past meteoroligical stats. Climate change
is the reason. Our biggest flood in 100 years destroyed almost a whole
town. Local government allowed developers to build new houses there 'coz
that area never had such a big flood. Now they are rethinking
everything anew for flood mitigation for the future. Insurance covers
surface water entering the house, but not sewage back up. My daughter
was paid out in full value of the damage because water came into the
house over the threshold of main door. She misses all the medical
textbooks collected over the years. Thousands worth of moutaineering
gear. HVAC, freezer, furniture, etc. ~100K in total. My house sits high
looking down the river. Golf course between house and river was wiped
out filled with debris. Now it is all fixed up tho. Used to have one big
pond there but now there are two.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2015 12:37 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

Oh Poop! Literally!

The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace).
I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE!

This happened in my area with one of the metropolitan area's main
sewer lines transporting sewage from the northern suburbs down to the
sewage treatment plant. The break went undiscovered for months until
the leakage finally caused a big sinkhole to open up near a busy
intersection. That was about a year ago, and they're still working on
the project, 'cause it turns out a lot more of the pipe was rotted and
needs replacing. In the meantime, the temporary sewer lines are on the
ground while they clean up the contaminated soils and install new lines.

The people living in the immediate vicinity have had to live with the
stench all these months. Poor folks - I hold my breath whenever I
drive through that intersection.

Ah, the pleasures of home ownership- another in an endless series... aemeijers Home Repair 0 September 11th 11 01:39 AM
New Home Ownership Group Doug G Home Repair 9 July 9th 11 09:10 PM
New Home Ownership Forum seeks advice Doug G Home Ownership 0 July 9th 11 12:49 AM
Home ownership Mr. Harry Metalworking 0 August 26th 09 03:01 PM
Home vs. condo ownership costs? [email protected] Home Ownership 7 July 26th 05 01:38 AM