Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Adventures in home ownership

On 1/9/2015 12:37 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

Oh Poop! Literally!

The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace).
I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE!

This happened in my area with one of the metropolitan area's main
sewer lines transporting sewage from the northern suburbs down to the
sewage treatment plant. The break went undiscovered for months until
the leakage finally caused a big sinkhole to open up near a busy
intersection. That was about a year ago, and they're still working on
the project, 'cause it turns out a lot more of the pipe was rotted and
needs replacing. In the meantime, the temporary sewer lines are on the
ground while they clean up the contaminated soils and install new lines.

The people living in the immediate vicinity have had to live with the
stench all these months. Poor folks - I hold my breath whenever I
drive through that intersection.