Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car rear window washer

I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear
pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from
same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window. I'm left thinking
it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and outlet. From what I can
tell tracing the line or replacing it looks pretty hopeless if you're not
very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop would
charge $100+ to fix it.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9 Jan 2015 18:01:58 GMT, KenK wrote:

I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear
pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from
same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window. I'm left thinking
it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and outlet. From what I can
tell tracing the line or replacing it looks pretty hopeless if you're not
very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop would
charge $100+ to fix it.

After you cleared one end over the window, did you check for a split,
broken supply line from the water tank? The tank has water
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 01/09/2015 12:01 PM, KenK wrote:
I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear
pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from
same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window. I'm left thinking
it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and outlet. From what I can
tell tracing the line or replacing it looks pretty hopeless if you're not
very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop would
charge $100+ to fix it.

What's the temperature? Any chance that line had fluid in it w/o
adequate deicer and it's just frozen?

Other than that, find pull both ends free and see if can blow it out w/
compressed air from one end or t'other...have somebody hold a finger
over the opposite end or otherwise arrange to tell what happens, if
anything.

After that, the two likelies are probably first a break/split, second a
clog.

I've had some considerable success in finding such aracana searching
u-tube--amazing what somebody has already done and taken the trouble to
post. Otherwise you're at the mercy of a shop at least explaining the
tube routing or showing you a service manual or buying one or just
digging in...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ken,

It's a long way from the washer tank to the rear window. Let the pump run
for a couple of minutes so that the fluid has a chance to reach the rear.
If you still get nothing, you could have a bad pump, a clogged hose, or a
leak. Or you may be doing something dumb, have you read the Owner's Manual?

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
KenK wrote:

I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear
pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from
same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window. I'm left thinking
it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and outlet. From what I can
tell tracing the line or replacing it looks pretty hopeless if you're not
very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop would
charge $100+ to fix it.

KenK-

I think 2012 is too new to have a clogged water line unless there was
some kind of trash in your water tank. My 2006 Scion xB rear window
washer still works well.

Before giving up, I would look for two solenoid valves that control flow
to front and rear rear windows. They might be located near the pump,
which you can hear running. The rear valve may be defective or have a
loose electrical connection. That would also be a good place to look
for a disconnected tube.

Fred

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 01/09/2015 12:01 PM, KenK wrote:

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear
pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from
same tank. ...

An additional thought...did you check the actual year/model owner's
manual to ensure that's really so??? Maybe it's as simple as the teller
was wrong...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in
:

On 9 Jan 2015 18:01:58 GMT, KenK wrote:

I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can
hear pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get
water from same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window.
I'm left thinking it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and
outlet. From what I can tell tracing the line or replacing it looks
pretty hopeless if you're not very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop
would charge $100+ to fix it.

After you cleared one end over the window, did you check for a split,
broken supply line from the water tank? The tank has water

Haven't located the line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote in :

On 01/09/2015 12:01 PM, KenK wrote:
I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can
hear pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get
water from same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window.
I'm left thinking it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and
outlet. From what I can tell tracing the line or replacing it looks
pretty hopeless if you're not very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop
would charge $100+ to fix it.

What's the temperature? Any chance that line had fluid in it w/o
adequate deicer and it's just frozen?

Nope. Hasn't worked since I bough the car used about eight months ago.

Other than that, find pull both ends free and see if can blow it out
w/ compressed air from one end or t'other...have somebody hold a
finger over the opposite end or otherwise arrange to tell what
happens, if anything.

Haven't located the line at the tank - it's buried far under much other
stuff under the hood.

After that, the two likelies are probably first a break/split, second
a clog.

I've had some considerable success in finding such aracana searching
u-tube--amazing what somebody has already done and taken the trouble
to post. Otherwise you're at the mercy of a shop at least explaining
the tube routing or showing you a service manual or buying one or just
digging in...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Martel" wrote in
:

Ken,

It's a long way from the washer tank to the rear window. Let the
pump run
for a couple of minutes so that the fluid has a chance to reach the
rear.

Tried that.

If you still get nothing, you could have a bad pump, a clogged
hose, or a
leak. Or you may be doing something dumb, have you read the Owner's
Manual?

Didn't see anything helpful.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fred McKenzie wrote in
:

In article ,
KenK wrote:

[...]

Will look again when the weather gets nice. I'm afraid it is too buried
though.

Fred

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

There are a lot of car forums online that are model specific with a
lot of shared info. One of them might be of help. Or googling for
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2015 12:01 PM, KenK wrote:
I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear
pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from
same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window. I'm left thinking
it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and outlet. From what I can
tell tracing the line or replacing it looks pretty hopeless if you're not
very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop would
charge $100+ to fix it.

I presume it's the hatchback model you're talking about? If so, its
shop manual chapter covering the front and rear wipers can be found he

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2012/Hatch/WW.pdf

It shows how to access and replace the rear washer tube and nozzle.

ProTip: if you own a car, try to get your hands on the manufacturer's
shop manual for your specific make and year. Also, look for owner
forums online for that specific model. Those are your two best free
resources for troubleshooting and advice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Jan 2015 17:30:16 GMT, KenK wrote:

Nope. Hasn't worked since I bough the car used about eight months ago.

If your car has a leak, look for a stain on the headliner that is the
color of your washer fluid. That will tell you where it is.

If there is no stain there is a chance the line is plugged.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 5:09:21 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On 10 Jan 2015 17:30:16 GMT, KenK wrote:

Nope. Hasn't worked since I bough the car used about eight months ago.

If your car has a leak, look for a stain on the headliner that is the
color of your washer fluid. That will tell you where it is.

If there is no stain there is a chance the line is plugged.

My chevy van has one washer bottle but has 2 pumps.

The rear washer quit working.

I couldhear the pump run, but no fluid.

found the rear pumps motor ran but it produced no fluid.......

new pump fixed it
Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
On 01/09/2015 12:01 PM, KenK wrote:

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear
pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water
from
same tank. ...

An additional thought...did you check the actual year/model owner's
manual to ensure that's really so??? Maybe it's as simple as the teller
was wrong...

--

Hmmm,
If pump is running for sure, I'd check the spray nozzle first. Poke it

Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK wrote:
Oren wrote in
:

On 9 Jan 2015 18:01:58 GMT, KenK wrote:

I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can
hear pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get
water from same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window.
I'm left thinking it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and
outlet. From what I can tell tracing the line or replacing it looks
pretty hopeless if you're not very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop
would charge $100+ to fix it.

After you cleared one end over the window, did you check for a split,
broken supply line from the water tank? The tank has water

Haven't located the line.

Hmmm,
Damaged line on a 2012, couple year old car? Unlikely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 4:31:30 PM UTC-5, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 1/9/2015 12:01 PM, KenK wrote:
[...]

Did he disappear? He should send you a bottle of scotch for that....
I'm amazed at all the car repair stuff that's out there online, posted,
for free or being sold for a few bucks. IDK how they get away with it,
you'd think the owners would go after them. Especially on Ebay. I see
guys selling BMW service manuals on CD, that appear to be from BMW all over
the place for peanuts. Recently I learned there are guys in Romania
and similar selling the dealer PC based diagnostic software too that
lets you read, program all the computers on the car.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Moe DeLoughan wrote in :

I presume it's the hatchback model you're talking about? If so, its
shop manual chapter covering the front and rear wipers can be found he

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2012/Hatch/WW.pdf

It shows how to access and replace the rear washer tube and nozzle.

I DLed your link and printed out the rear window washer info. I've not read
it yet but hope to do so this weekend. Thanks much.

If one knows how to use Google efectively it's amazing what's available!