Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Polo rear washer blockage

the front washer is fine but the rear has not enough umph, it does
little more than trickle out. any suggestions for clearing it? I tried
inserting a needle and adjusting the angle, but no go. It seems very
difficult to get at as the piping is all hidden.
--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:19:08 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

the front washer is fine but the rear has not enough umph, it does
little more than trickle out. any suggestions for clearing it? I tried
inserting a needle and adjusting the angle, but no go. It seems very
difficult to get at as the piping is all hidden.

I don't know the details of the Polo but the first thing must be to get to the
back of the jet, remove the pipe and see if there's water reaching it. If it is,
then the jet is blocked - some have an in built one-way valve which if
knackered, the jet needs replacing, other have a one-way valve somewhere in the
pipe run. Simple enough to get a replacement. If there's only a trickle
arriving at the valve then, you need to look at the water tank. Some have two
pumps, one for the front and one for rear. Some I believe have only one, but
you should be able to discover what's blocked up and clean it out. It may just
be crap in the bottom the tank.

Andy C