Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Car rear window washer

On 1/9/2015 12:01 PM, KenK wrote:
I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask.

Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear
pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from
same tank. I cleared out hole in outlet over the window. I'm left thinking
it's a clogged line between water tank or pump and outlet. From what I can
tell tracing the line or replacing it looks pretty hopeless if you're not
very familiar with such things.

Any thoughts or live with dirty window? I'm pretty sure repair shop would
charge $100+ to fix it.

I presume it's the hatchback model you're talking about? If so, its
shop manual chapter covering the front and rear wipers can be found he

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2012/Hatch/WW.pdf

It shows how to access and replace the rear washer tube and nozzle.

ProTip: if you own a car, try to get your hands on the manufacturer's
shop manual for your specific make and year. Also, look for owner
forums online for that specific model. Those are your two best free
resources for troubleshooting and advice.