Posted to alt.home.repair

Default USA normalizes relations with Cuba

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 05:38:32 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

I just came across thiis post. Posted and Mailed because I'm not sure
you would see my post if I don't email.

I snipped nothing from your post.

On Saturday, January 3, 2015 1:39:53 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:35:41 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:27:55 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Maybe go visit the hotel where Elian Gonzalez
works, since we sent him back?

We? Got a mouse in your pocket

It was the you libs that took him at gun point

There would have been no guns involved if they had obeyed the law. If
someone were disobeying a court decision you liked, I'm sure you would
want it enforced, even if guns were needed. (and the picture showed his
finger off trigger, as procedure dictates in such a situation. )

and deported him, a
child at the time. (Clinton & Janet Reno)

And they did the right thing.

His mother had equal rights to him when she was alive, although I don't
think you'd like it if your ex-wife took your only kid to a foreign
country without asking you.

But once she was dead, his father's rights way trumped his uncle's or
aunt's and any political gain anyone foresaw by continuing his
kidnapping from his father.

You make it sound like Cuba is France.

NO I DIDN'T.

I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHIHG ABOUT CUBA

and DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Is that how you try to win arguments?

It's not.

It doesn't matter. The boys father lived there.

Those supporting
allowing the grandparents to keep the child here, in the land of the
free, know the history of the brutal Castro govt.

They were't brutal to his father.

Suppose in a similar
circumstance a child today made it to South Korea or the USA, with
their mother dying trying to get to freedom, was now with
their grandparents and a father in North Korea wanted them back? What
would you do? Now, I'm not saying Cuba is as bad as NK, but if you
were a Cuban living in Miami, that had all your property taken by
Castro, relatives shot, had to flee for your life, etc, you might think so.

Now you want me to put myself in the shoes of his family in Miami or a
similar family in SK. You're changing the topic. I never criticized
them for wanting to keep the kid. What I said was that they didn't obey
the law and Janet Reno did the right thing. And she did.

And if you were in his father's shoes, you'd agree with me.

But if somehow the decision had been for him to stay in the US but his
father was taking him back to Cuba, then just like I said above, you'd
want the police to enforce the court's decision, even if it mean using
guns.

For you it depends on whose ox is being gored.

If people in the US were actually pro-Elian instead of just being
anti-Communists, someone would have suggested and the Congress could
easily have given him citizenship. Private bills that give citizenship
to individuals are not unusual in Congress. Then he could go back to
Cuba with his father and any time after he was 18, he could travel to
any other country, not just the US, and assert his American citizenship
and move here. He could row out on boat and he woudln't have had to
get to the US with dry feet. If any boat from any country other than
Cuba, Russia, and maybe Venezuela picked him up, he could assert his US
citizenship and come to the US. If the US Coast Guard or border patrol
or whatever found him, they would take him straight to Florida and he'd
be a citizen here. But he can't do any of that.

But other than his Miami family in the US, no one gave a darn about him.
It was all politics.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well, maybe you should. That would seem to be a key part of
the equation as to what's right.

and DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Is that how you try to win arguments?

It's not.

It doesn't matter. The boys father lived there.

Those supporting
allowing the grandparents to keep the child here, in the land of the
free, know the history of the brutal Castro govt.

They were't brutal to his father.

Interesting argument. Following that logic, Nazi Gemany wasn't so bad
because Hitler's govt wasn't brutal to all people, just some of them.

Suppose in a similar
circumstance a child today made it to South Korea or the USA, with
their mother dying trying to get to freedom, was now with
their grandparents and a father in North Korea wanted them back? What
would you do? Now, I'm not saying Cuba is as bad as NK, but if you
were a Cuban living in Miami, that had all your property taken by
Castro, relatives shot, had to flee for your life, etc, you might think so.

Now you want me to put myself in the shoes of his family in Miami or a
similar family in SK. You're changing the topic.

Why not? That would seem to be the essence of the argument.

I never criticized
them for wanting to keep the kid. What I said was that they didn't obey
the law and Janet Reno did the right thing. And she did.

And if you were in his father's shoes, you'd agree with me.

But if somehow the decision had been for him to stay in the US but his
father was taking him back to Cuba, then just like I said above, you'd
want the police to enforce the court's decision, even if it mean using
guns.

For you it depends on whose ox is being gored.

If people in the US were actually pro-Elian instead of just being
anti-Communists, someone would have suggested and the Congress could
easily have given him citizenship.

Which would have settled or determined what exactly? The issue
was never citizenship.

Private bills that give citizenship
to individuals are not unusual in Congress. Then he could go back to
Cuba with his father and any time after he was 18, he could travel to
any other country, not just the US, and assert his American citizenship
and move here.

Uh, no. Cubans aren't free to travel and immigrate to the USA.

He could row out on boat and he woudln't have had to
get to the US with dry feet. If any boat from any country other than
Cuba, Russia, and maybe Venezuela picked him up, he could assert his US
citizenship and come to the US. If the US Coast Guard or border patrol
or whatever found him, they would take him straight to Florida and he'd
be a citizen here. But he can't do any of that.

I guess no one thought of that at the time, because they didn't
envision the need for a young kid swimming or row boating to freedom,
with all the lifethreatening possibilities, when he
was *already* here.

But other than his Miami family in the US, no one gave a darn about him.
It was all politics.

According to you of course.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 08:19:42 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Cubans aren't free to travel and immigrate to the USA.

By Christine Armario, Associated Press September 22, 2013

"The number of Cubans receiving US nonimmigrant visas has jumped by 82
percent, following the elimination of Cuba's 'white card' exit visa.
Most Cubans visiting Miami don't have the disposable income of a
typical tourist, but are able to visit family and old friends."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2013/0922/Thousands-of-Cubans-visit-Miami-under-new-travel-laws

https://tinyurl.com/lrq2j5k

Not sure when this started, though.

Cubans cannot own boats
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:32:11 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 16:28:35 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 01:42:31 -0500, micky
wrote:

I think we should make Cruz and Rubio joint ambassadors to Cuba. They are
Cubans after all and it'll keep them out of trouble.

Rubio used to say that his parents came to the US fleeing Castro, but it
turned out they came before Castro, so he does't say it anymore.

Is there much difference between Batista & Castro? I think not. Point

It's not what you think. It's what Cubans who live in America think,
and they think there's an enormous difference.

being is why Rubio's family came here in the first place...escaping
dictatorship and brutality. Repression, misery and agony.

smiley face

I guess you have known Cubans, met many and have lived in Miami
before.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 05:38:32 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

You make it sound like Cuba is France. It's not. Those supporting
allowing the grandparents to keep the child here, in the land of the
free

We have been over this. Not all Americans are free, only the
stupid ones. The free ones are used to fight wars and make fortunes
for the bright, quite expensive ones that call themselves politicians.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well, maybe you should.

But I didn't. So why did you say I did?

That would seem to be a key part of
the equation as to what's right.

No, it's not.

and DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

No response to this? No apology? That's what made me post, your
putting words in my mouth..

Is that how you try to win arguments?

It's not.

It doesn't matter. The boys father lived there.

Those supporting
allowing the grandparents to keep the child here, in the land of the
free, know the history of the brutal Castro govt.

They were't brutal to his father.

Interesting argument. Following that logic, Nazi Gemany wasn't so bad
because Hitler's govt wasn't brutal to all people, just some of them.

Apparently you're not aware of the widely held belief that anyone who
has to bring up nazis in an argument loses the argument. Cuba under
Castro was nothing like hitler's rule. If you don't know the
difference, it's your fault.

Suppose in a similar
circumstance a child today made it to South Korea or the USA, with
their mother dying trying to get to freedom, was now with
their grandparents and a father in North Korea wanted them back? What
would you do? Now, I'm not saying Cuba is as bad as NK, but if you
were a Cuban living in Miami, that had all your property taken by
Castro, relatives shot, had to flee for your life, etc, you might think so.

Now you want me to put myself in the shoes of his family in Miami or a
similar family in SK. You're changing the topic.

Why not? That would seem to be the essence of the argument.

No, it's not. The feelings of his Miami family are not what decides
who gets custody. Parents' custody rights far exceed uncles' and
aunts'

I never criticized
them for wanting to keep the kid. What I said was that they didn't obey
the law and Janet Reno did the right thing. And she did.

And if you were in his father's shoes, you'd agree with me.

But if somehow the decision had been for him to stay in the US but his
father was taking him back to Cuba, then just like I said above, you'd
want the police to enforce the court's decision, even if it mean using
guns.

For you it depends on whose ox is being gored.

If people in the US were actually pro-Elian instead of just being
anti-Communists, someone would have suggested and the Congress could
easily have given him citizenship.

Which would have settled or determined what exactly? The issue
was never citizenship.

It was never citizenship. Not a word was ever said by anyone about
citizenship The issue was residency.

Private bills that give citizenship
to individuals are not unusual in Congress. Then he could go back to
Cuba with his father and any time after he was 18, he could travel to
any other country, not just the US, and assert his American citizenship
and move here.

Uh, no. Cubans aren't free to travel

Not to travel to the US, but they are free to travel to some countries.

and immigrate to the USA.

I said to go to any other country ** and assert his USA citizenship,
and go from the other country to the US.

** I'm not sure why I put "just" in the next phrase. It doesn't make
sense with "other", and I didnt' use the word in the other post in this
thread

He could row out on boat and he woudln't have had to
get to the US with dry feet. If any boat from any country other than
Cuba, Russia, and maybe Venezuela picked him up, he could assert his US
citizenship and come to the US. If the US Coast Guard or border patrol
or whatever found him, they would take him straight to Florida and he'd
be a citizen here. But he can't do any of that.

I guess no one thought of that at the time, because they didn't
envision the need for a young kid swimming or row boating to freedom,
with all the lifethreatening possibilities, when he
was *already* here.

That he was here meant nothing.

If you had some crazy views or lived in a place other people didn't
like, and your ex-wife's brothers and sisters tried to take your son
away from you, you'd change your mind quick.

And poor people were probably better off in Cuba since Castro, free
medical care, free education including college if they did well before
that. I didnt' bring that up before because you'll probably call me
a Communist for refuting your false implication that Cuba is brutal to
everyone.

But other than his Miami family in the US, no one gave a darn about him.

Clause in wrong place, should have been
But, in the US, other than his Miami family no one gave a darn about
him.

It was all politics.

According to you of course.

And what you said is according to you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Good grief. I didn't say you said anything about Cuba.
I was asking why you *won't* comment on it.

That would seem to be a key part of
the equation as to what's right.

No, it's not.

Of course it's a key part of the equation. Would you
ship the kid back to North Korea too?

and DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

No response to this? No apology? That's what made me post, your
putting words in my mouth..

Is that how you try to win arguments?

It's not.

It doesn't matter. The boys father lived there.

Those supporting
allowing the grandparents to keep the child here, in the land of the
free, know the history of the brutal Castro govt.

They were't brutal to his father.

Interesting argument. Following that logic, Nazi Gemany wasn't so bad
because Hitler's govt wasn't brutal to all people, just some of them.

Apparently you're not aware of the widely held belief that anyone who
has to bring up nazis in an argument loses the argument. Cuba under
Castro was nothing like hitler's rule. If you don't know the
difference, it's your fault.

Apparently you're not aware that while Godwin's rule has some
merit, it's not some God given absolute. We are talking about sending a kid
back to a country that abuses human rights. You claimed that what's
going on in Cuba has no relevance and you don't care. I simply pointed
out that if what's going on with regard to human rights doesn't matter,
you could make the same argument with Nazi Germany. It's relevant.
I didn't drag Nazis into a discussion about what wine to have with dinner.

It was never citizenship. Not a word was ever said by anyone about
citizenship The issue was residency.

Not a word was said? You specifically brought up citizenship.
Good grief.

Private bills that give citizenship
to individuals are not unusual in Congress. Then he could go back to
Cuba with his father and any time after he was 18, he could travel to
any other country, not just the US, and assert his American citizenship
and move here.

Uh, no. Cubans aren't free to travel

Not to travel to the US, but they are free to travel to some countries.

Wow, that's big of Castro.

and immigrate to the USA.

I said to go to any other country ** and assert his USA citizenship,
and go from the other country to the US.

Sure a 6 year old is going to do that, how very practical. Not
to mention what the Castro regime could do to the rest of his
family if he insulted dear leader like that.

** I'm not sure why I put "just" in the next phrase. It doesn't make
sense with "other", and I didnt' use the word in the other post in this
thread

He could row out on boat and he woudln't have had to
get to the US with dry feet. If any boat from any country other than
Cuba, Russia, and maybe Venezuela picked him up, he could assert his US
citizenship and come to the US. If the US Coast Guard or border patrol
or whatever found him, they would take him straight to Florida and he'd
be a citizen here. But he can't do any of that.

I guess no one thought of that at the time, because they didn't
envision the need for a young kid swimming or row boating to freedom,
with all the lifethreatening possibilities, when he
was *already* here.

That he was here meant nothing.

You're not interested in what goes on in Cuba.
It means nothing that the kid is here. So, again you'd
similarly be OK with sending the kid back to North Korea or
Nazi Germany in the 30s?

If you had some crazy views or lived in a place other people didn't
like, and your ex-wife's brothers and sisters tried to take your son
away from you, you'd change your mind quick.

If I lived in a hellhole commie country like Cuba, I'd be happy
that my child made it to the land of the free. I wouldn't want
him to come back. I'd be happy that he's going to have a far
better life, a world of opportunity and freedom in the USA living
with relatives. I'd be figuring out a way to flee that hellhole,
illegally of course because Castro won't let you leave, and I'd join
my son here.

And poor people were probably better off in Cuba since Castro, free
medical care, free education including college if they did well before
that.

Sure, they have a swell life driving around in 60 year old
Chevys, eating Donkey meat and living in poverty. Substituting one
bad dictator for an even worse one, isn't much of a solution.

I didnt' bring that up before because you'll probably call me
a Communist for refuting your false implication that Cuba is brutal to
everyone.

I didn't say they are brutal to everyone. If you kiss Castro's
ass and are a good little commie they leave you alone. If you
say something politcally incorrect, off to prison you go. Even Nazi
Germany or NK isn't brutal to everyone. But then you don't give
a damn about what is going on in Cuba. You claim it doesn't matter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I think we should make Cruz and Rubio joint ambassadors to Cuba. They are
Cubans after all and it'll keep them out of trouble.

Rubio used to say that his parents came to the US fleeing Castro, but it
turned out they came before Castro, so he does't say it anymore.

Is there much difference between Batista & Castro? I think not. Point

It's not what you think. It's what Cubans who live in America think,
and they think there's an enormous difference.

being is why Rubio's family came here in the first place...escaping
dictatorship and brutality. Repression, misery and agony.

smiley face

I guess you have known Cubans, met many and have lived in Miami
before.

I guess so.

Not sure of your reply. If you've known Cubans; met many, and lived
in Miami, what did they say about living under Batista or Castro
regimes? Surely it wasn't pleasant.

Mariel Cuban prisoners took hostages and burned two federal prisons
after hearing on the radio that they were about to be returned to
Cuba. State Dept. failed to inform the Federal Bureau of Prisons to
prepare for contingencies.

During the "Mariel boat lift", teachers, doctors, etc., were not
allowed the board boats in the flotilla. Instead, Castro emptied his
lunatic asylums and prisons and forced those people on to boats at gun
point. Threatening the boat Captains.

Don't know about you but if it were me, I'd be plotting an escape. I'm
sorry the kid was sent back and believe his father was being selfish
for not allowing him to stay in Miami. Yes. I cared.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 13:56:11 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Those dictators know how to roll those weak,

stupid
presidents.

Like the Saudis and Bush.
I agree.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 14:15:34 -0800, Oren wrote:

Curious if mickey can explain the thousands of Cubans in forced labor
camps?

I must have missed that story. Which edition of the Miami
Herald was that ?
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 20:48:28 -0200, Shadow wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 14:15:34 -0800, Oren wrote:

Curious if mickey can explain the thousands of Cubans in forced labor
camps?

I must have missed that story. Which edition of the Miami
Herald was that ?
[]'s

I didn't say it was in the paper. Information is out that if one care
to look, search and find out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 21:03:35 -0200, Shadow wrote:

Americans spent over $ 1000 billion fighting a war the Saudis
set up. I don't expect you to understand.

We have already spent 22 times that on the war on poverty. How's that
working? What's your point? Please explain this alleged "set up"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 15:35:08 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 21:03:35 -0200, Shadow wrote:

Americans spent over $ 1000 billion fighting a war the Saudis
set up. I don't expect you to understand.

We have already spent 22 times that on the war on poverty. How's that
working? What's your point? Please explain this alleged "set up"?

I knew you would not understand. Too many zeros, I suppose.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:13:10 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Rednecks here in Brazil are people that work in the sun for
minimum wages and have no time/money to study or improve themselves.
They invariably "educate" themselves via American owned TV stations
and always vote right wing. Who make sure they never leave the rut.

Which of course is total rubbish. We went from stagflation, high
unemployment to a booming economy with a lot of good, decent paying
jobs for everyone, in everything from construction to high tech,
under Ronald Reagan.

That was round about when the "American way of life"
disappeared. And when lobbies replaced the common man's vote.
Coincidence, I'm sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIA8MyOy8BU

[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Rednecks here in Brazil are people that work in the sun for
minimum wages and have no time/money to study or improve themselves.
They invariably "educate" themselves via American owned TV stations
and always vote right wing. Who make sure they never leave the rut.

Which of course is total rubbish. We went from stagflation, high
unemployment to a booming economy with a lot of good, decent paying
jobs for everyone, in everything from construction to high tech,
under Ronald Reagan.

That was round about when the "American way of life"
disappeared. And when lobbies replaced the common man's vote.
Coincidence, I'm sure.

You wouldn't know because you just told us you don't even live
in the USA. I do, idiot. It was a great time under Reagan an American
renaissance when our economy was restored, our super power status
reaffirmed, our image in the world restored, and the Soviet Union
defeated without firing a shot. And the economic
statistics on inflation, GDP growth, employment, interest rates,
housing starts, all confirm it. So does a free Eastern Europe. Look
at a map.

Just the facts...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Didn't need to. It was on Fox News.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/16/2015 4:19 PM, Shadow wrote:

so it does not matter who you elect,
presidents no longer govern the country.

Pres. is elected represenative, not leader or governor.

We, the people govern our selves.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:30:20 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Pres. is elected represenative, not leader or governor.

We, the people govern our selves.

Well, the majority of the people don't want the NSA spying on
them. Tell them to stop.
Then send me a postcard from Guantanamo.
[]'s