Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with setting psi for pressure tank

On Saturday, June 11, 2011 11:02:03 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The Homeowners Hub site is not a help forum.
It's an *advertising* forum that invades real
forums (like "alt.home.repair", part of
"usenet") parasitically in order to generate
free advertising for itself, which continually
advances its search engine placement, thereby
increasing its own revenue through its click-
through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them
an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper
channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet"
and post the regular way.

You're ugly, and you need to call a plumber.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"gkswets" wrote
in message
roups.com...
I have been in my house for about 7 months now. We have
been having a
steady flow of problems over the past 3 months. The system
runs as
followed:

Well with submersible well head pump with a pressure gauge
and switch
40/70 in line to a air pressure tank

Then to a booster pump (can't find the HP), through a vent
to release
sulfur gas, through a check valve and into a large storage
tank, probably
around 150 gallons. There is a gauge on the top of the
storage tank with
a plastic line leading to a pressure switch set at 55/75

From here to a softener system and then to the house.

Our first problem was loss of pressure and water prime. The
property
management company hired a well contractor to fix the
system. First they
changed out the pressure tank, no help. Then the pressure
switch for the
well head pump, no help. Finally, they changed out the check
valve. I'm
not a plumber or well driller, but even I would have changed
the check
valve first. Then the booster pump would not come on and we
were working
off the pressure from the well head pump. I changed the
pressure switch
for the booster pump and that is working again.

First question is - The switch instructions said to fill the
pressure tank
to 2 PSI below the start pressure of the switch. Having a
switch on the
well side of the pressure tank and a switch on the storage
tank side of
the pressure tank, which switch do I base my PSI for the
pressure tank?

And is the system designed correctly? I researched and
found that most
systems have the storage tank and the pressure tank between
the booster
pump and the water softener.

Sorry about being long winded, but I am through relying on
others to fix
this. I have the ability, but need a boost in knowledge to
do right.

Thanks

It is whatever it becomes.. and I found it with similar problems..

guess its working as intended.

gtfo