Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default so how do I fix my broken window?

I noticed it was cold in the basement today, sure enough one of the basement windows was broken, both "storm" and inner window. The screen in between was okay.

I have no idea what happened. If it was a person, my dog would have gone nuts. She isn't that big but sounds like a rabid German shepherd, she even scares me. So maybe she scared somebody away, or maybe just a rock from a lawnmower.

The storm is just a light aluminum drop in and I can get it out. From experience I know to take these to an expert.

But the inner window is one of those with a latch on top and it pivots down about 20 degrees for ventilation. I don't know what you call those. It looks like the glass is puttied into it. I want to take it out to work on it. I've done more putty work than I want to admit, because my Dad had the "you broke it you fix it" policy when we were kids.

Does anybody know how to get that kind of window out?

Broken Window Weatherlawyer UK diy 0 September 22nd 11 04:31 PM
Help - broken UPVC window frame BodgeIt UK diy 4 December 6th 10 07:50 AM
Broken Window Seal Kate[_5_] Home Repair 8 September 7th 09 03:11 AM
My Broken window [email protected] Home Repair 9 August 19th 07 01:24 AM
Broken Window Syndrome RedOnRed UK diy 1 July 12th 05 07:48 PM