Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default so how do I fix my broken window?

I noticed it was cold in the basement today, sure enough one of the basement windows was broken, both "storm" and inner window. The screen in between was okay.

I have no idea what happened. If it was a person, my dog would have gone nuts. She isn't that big but sounds like a rabid German shepherd, she even scares me. So maybe she scared somebody away, or maybe just a rock from a lawnmower.

The storm is just a light aluminum drop in and I can get it out. From experience I know to take these to an expert.

But the inner window is one of those with a latch on top and it pivots down about 20 degrees for ventilation. I don't know what you call those. It looks like the glass is puttied into it. I want to take it out to work on it. I've done more putty work than I want to admit, because my Dad had the "you broke it you fix it" policy when we were kids.

Does anybody know how to get that kind of window out?