Posted to alt.home.repair

Default And thanks to people on this list

Met Mom for lunch today. She said the garage door
didn't act right. I went,looked, after lunch.
Door goes up. Only goes down a ways and goes
right back up.

I fussed with the safety sensors for a while.
Finally noticed the owners manual tucked in
behind the roller channels, behind the BX
light wire.

Spent some time reading the furnished manual (RTFM).
Find out that I need to clean the connections, and
reposition the sensor. The red light is not on, nor
blinking. I pulled the contacts plugs out, and put
back. Light starts blinking. Some adjustment and
light is on steady.

Try the button, the door goes all the way down. While
on scene, I spray lubed the actuator screw, and the
rollers at the sides.

Thanks to all who helped with this, advice over the
years. Thanks to my Dad, who tucked the manual in where
I could find it. And taught me to exercise electrical
connectors.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 15:02:39 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

[...]

Ya done good. Folks sometimes blame a wall switch, the remote or the
UP/Down adjustments at the power head.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 3:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Met Mom for lunch today. She said the garage door
didn't act right. I went,looked, after lunch.
Door goes up. Only goes down a ways and goes
right back up.

Moms always invite their sons over for lunch when somethings broken.

Did she use Hellman's on the sandwich or a lesser brand?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
[...]

always good to remember to thank your dad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2014 02:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

You used the word "I" six times

sheesh

(g)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pico Rico" wrote in news:ltvvo4$ckc$1
@news.mixmin.net:

[...]

I thank mine for alcoholism. Nipped that one in the bud 28 years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo " wrote in message
[...]

he used the word "the" 17 times. imagine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2014 04:49 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
"philo " wrote in message
[...]

He was poking fun at me the other day for using the word "I" six times...
so I got him back

Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo " wrote in message
[...]

oh, well I couldn't read that between the lines.

I see your sentence uses the word "I" as 9.5% of its words. That must mean
something to the both of you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 3:39 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 15:02:39 -0400, Stormin Mormon
Thanks to all who helped with this, advice over the
years. Thanks to my Dad, who tucked the manual in where
I could find it. And taught me to exercise electrical
connectors.

Ya done good. Folks sometimes blame a wall switch, the remote or the
UP/Down adjustments at the power head.

Thanks, I owe a lot of credit to you.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 4:08 PM, Fake ID wrote:

Moms always invite their sons over for lunch when somethings broken.

Did she use Hellman's on the sandwich or a lesser brand?

We go out every Sunday, and she buys. Must
be investment for such moments.

Maintenance Agreement, eh?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 4:13 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Thanks to all who helped with this, advice over the
years. Thanks to my Dad, who tucked the manual in where
I could find it. And taught me to exercise electrical
connectors.

always good to remember to thank your dad.

He's a bit harder to contact, lately.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 4:55 PM, philo wrote:
Thanks to all who helped with this, advice over the
years. Thanks to my Dad, who tucked the manual in where
I could find it. And taught me to exercise electrical
connectors.

You used the word "I" six times

sheesh

(g)

You think you should write that after
you wrote a self centered post about you
and your light bulbs, not considering
the people around you?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 5:49 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
"philo " wrote in message

You used the word "I" six times
sheesh

(g)

he used the word "the" 17 times. imagine.

Maybe Bad Golferman can use his program,
to find out who's a self centered narcisist?

That would be interesting reading, to some.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 5:52 PM, philo wrote:

He was poking fun at me the other day
for using the word "I" six times...
so I got him back

Wasn't poking fun. You were a self centered
snot, and didn't offer your impossible to
find 100 watt bulbs to the list. Just took
em back for receipt value.

And now you display being vindictive, in addn
to self centered.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Senior Member

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII III
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I win.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2014 05:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/31/2014 5:52 PM, philo wrote:

He was poking fun at me the other day
for using the word "I" six times...
so I got him back

Wasn't poking fun.

Yes you were or you have gone through a personality change.

You were a self centered
snot, and didn't offer your impossible to
find 100 watt bulbs to the list.

Nope, as I already stated , you can get them on eBay for
*less* than what I paid.

I still have various incandescent bulbs left,
if you are afraid to use eBay I would have gladly sent them to you
(for postage) but I don't do favors for rude guys.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2014 05:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/31/2014 4:55 PM, philo wrote:
Thanks to all who helped with this, advice over the
years. Thanks to my Dad, who tucked the manual in where
I could find it. And taught me to exercise electrical
connectors.

You used the word "I" six times

sheesh

(g)

You think you should write that after
you wrote a self centered post about you
and your light bulbs, not considering
the people around you?

Possibly you should read your own sig.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 7:22 PM, philo wrote:
On 08/31/2014 05:33 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
You were a self centered
snot, and didn't offer your impossible to
find 100 watt bulbs to the list.

Nope, as I already stated , you can get them on eBay for
*less* than what I paid.

I still have various incandescent bulbs left,
if you are afraid to use eBay I would have gladly sent them to you
(for postage) but I don't do favors for rude guys.

I don't ask for stuff from selfish guys.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2014 05:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

snip

A week or two before I took the bulbs back I posted here that I had a
huge stock of bulbs that I'd never use. No one asked for them, so why
would I not take them back???

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2014 06:27 PM, philo wrote:
On 08/31/2014 05:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

snip

A week or two before I took the bulbs back I posted here that I had a
huge stock of bulbs that I'd never use. No one asked for them, so why
would I not take them back???

I am reposing my 8-22 notice

________

LOL

I bet a bought a 20 year supply of those 100 watt incandescent bulbs
because I really liked those "Reveal" type.

Then decided to go CFL and full spectrum fluorescent.

Think I will put them on Craig's list and get rid of them

_________

Since it was on a thread you were talking on, you would have seen it,
and would have asked for them if you wanted them...

Something radically has changed with your personality within the past
few days...Time for a med check I'd say...

That is not meant as a snide remark but a genuine response to something
that does not seem right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 7:32 PM, philo wrote:

Lately I've been getting rid of a lot of stuff I no longer need...
selling it cheap or giving it away.

I'll help you. Sell ten of them at $1 apiece and then you can send me
an LED bulb. Make it 11 so you can cover postage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 7:44 PM, philo wrote:

I took the bulbs back
I posted here that
I had a
I'd never use.
I not take them back???

I am reposing my 8-22 notice

I bet a bought a 20 year supply
I really liked those "Reveal" type.

Then [insert I] decided

I will put them on Craig's list

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2014 06:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/31/2014 7:32 PM, philo wrote:

Lately I've been getting rid of a lot of stuff I no longer need...
selling it cheap or giving it away.

I'll help you. Sell ten of them at $1 apiece and then you can send me
an LED bulb. Make it 11 so you can cover postage.

I don't have any LED's I converted to CFL and fluorescent
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 7:20 PM, nestork wrote:
[...]

Selfish ass.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 18:23:14 -0500, philo* wrote:

On 08/31/2014 05:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/31/2014 4:55 PM, philo wrote:
Thanks to all who helped with this, advice over the
years. Thanks to my Dad, who tucked the manual in where
I could find it. And taught me to exercise electrical
connectors.

You used the word "I" six times

sheesh

(g)

You think you should write that after
you wrote a self centered post about you
and your light bulbs, not considering
the people around you?

Possibly you should read your own sig.

Boys!! If you don't settle down I'm going to turn this car around!
Trust me, you don't want that to happen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2014 10:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Possibly you should read your own sig.

Boys!! If you don't settle down I'm going to turn this car around!
Trust me, you don't want that to happen.

No problem, I put the offender in my KF...
he must have flipped out
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2014 11:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
You think you should write that after
you wrote a self centered post about you
and your light bulbs, not considering
the people around you?

Boys!! If you don't settle down I'm going to turn this car around!
Trust me, you don't want that to happen.

He started it. I was just saying thanks
to the folks, and he decided to be cranky.
He needs a nap.

--
..
Christopher A. Young