Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default And thanks to people on this list

"philo " wrote in message
On 08/31/2014 04:49 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
"philo " wrote in message
On 08/31/2014 02:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Met Mom for lunch today. She said the garage door
didn't act right. I went,looked, after lunch.
Door goes up. Only goes down a ways and goes
right back up.

I fussed with the safety sensors for a while.
Finally noticed the owners manual tucked in
behind the roller channels, behind the BX
light wire.

Spent some time reading the furnished manual (RTFM).
Find out that I need to clean the connections, and
reposition the sensor. The red light is not on, nor
blinking. I pulled the contacts plugs out, and put
back. Light starts blinking. Some adjustment and
light is on steady.

Try the button, the door goes all the way down. While
on scene, I spray lubed the actuator screw, and the
rollers at the sides.

Thanks to all who helped with this, advice over the
years. Thanks to my Dad, who tucked the manual in where
I could find it. And taught me to exercise electrical
connectors.

You used the word "I" six times

sheesh

(g)

he used the word "the" 17 times. imagine.

He was poking fun at me the other day for using the word "I" six times...
so I got him back

oh, well I couldn't read that between the lines.

I see your sentence uses the word "I" as 9.5% of its words. That must mean
something to the both of you.