Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can any of you tell, from the accent of this English, WHERE it comes from? Philly

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 20:31:20 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

He spent quite awhile looking for the business' (black) shale drive
until it dawned on him that he was actually looking for a (white
crushed) shell drive.

G Crushed oyster shells used to be used on drive ways in the south.
Not sure about it now, though.

Is that how they shucked dem oysters?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:03:09 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Is that how they shucked dem oysters?

A guy walks into a bar:

Signs behind the bar state you win $5.00 if you swallow the "whole"
oyster in one piece and hold it down. Or pay me the $5.00.

The man did.

Congratulations, you are the fifth customer today to swallow that
oyster!

The man lost the bet...
Posted to alt.usage.english,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,sci.lang

Default Can any of you tell, from the accent of this English,WHEREitcomes from?

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The last time I was summoned for jury duty I never made it past the
registration point. The open wounds on my legs scared the crap out
of them.

Here's how to get out of jury duty:

"I'm an intellectual. I read non-fiction, and carefully consider what I'm
reading. I will listen carefully to all the evidence, and make a careful,
considered judgment, with the least prejudice possible."

You'll be rejected in a microsecond -- nay a nanosecond.

Them seeing blood and pus running down your legs is even faster.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.