Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clear the spinners out of the eaves troughs

Went to Mom's to clean the leaves and "spinners
Out of the eaves troughs. She's on my case to do
it today because it's going to rain tomorrow.

I'd hauled the heavy ladder around, been up and
down. it's in the 80s out and humid, and I'm
about to my limit of strength. Mom asks the same
question several times. She'll want to know if
the drain spout is clogged. And a minute later,
ask the same. I know that's her absentminded, but
I read it as she didn't trust me the first time.
You know, like cops "do you know how fast you
were going?" "you asked me that seven times
already, what, I didn't give you the answer you
wanted, ass hole?"

So, I'm at my physical limit, and she mentions
off hand that the reason I'm cleaning the gutters
is that the last time it rained, the water poured
off the eaves trough by the window, and she thinks
they are clogged.

Drink some more water, stand in the shade. Go look.
The water pours there because the fascia board is
rotted, the copper clamp that holds up is coming
lose, and the edge of the eaves trough is lower,
there. And none of the troughs had more than 1/6 of
the trough full of spinners.

There is a lot of advantage to reporting the problem
(water pours off, here...) rather than calling for
specific action (clear the gutters).

I might have actually fixed the problem.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/28/2014 2:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Went to Mom's to clean the leaves and "spinners
Out of the eaves troughs. She's on my case to do
it today because it's going to rain tomorrow.

Be glad someone has a big enough heart to claim you as a son.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 14:08:13 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I might have actually fixed the problem.

No you didn't. Define your spinners.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I might have actually fixed the problem.

No you didn't. Define your spinners.

Right. This is an international list. In some countries "spinner" means insect.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I might have actually fixed the problem.

No you didn't. Define your spinners.

http://researchfacility.files.wordpr...09/samara2.jpg

Yellow, when they fall off. Usually breaks in two,
spins down from the tree. Grows into maple trees,
in the eaves troughs.

http://softsolder.files.wordpress.co...maple-seed.jpg
Rare mutant triple seed, ours are always one or two.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I might have actually fixed the problem.

No you didn't. Define your spinners.

http://researchfacility.files.wordpr...09/samara2.jpg

Yellow, when they fall off. Usually breaks in two,
spins down from the tree. Grows into maple trees,
in the eaves troughs.

http://softsolder.files.wordpress.co...maple-seed.jpg

Rare mutant triple seed, ours are always one or two.

Put up with a similar problem here, but not maple ... some other tree.
After 4 years of cleaning out the gutters and getting 4 years older, I
had gutter helmets (there many brands of such devices) installed. It
wasn't cheap but wow, how great these things work. Some years ago I had
many maple trees so I put gutter covers which had holes. They were
worse than cleaning the gutters. The maple seeds would go into each
hole with the spinner wing hanging up because it was wider than the seed
itself. Then you'd have to sit there and pick them out 1 at a time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I might have actually fixed the problem.

No you didn't. Define your spinners.

http://researchfacility.files.wordpr...09/samara2.jpg

Yellow, when they fall off. Usually breaks in two,
spins down from the tree. Grows into maple trees,
in the eaves troughs.

Pine cone nuts do similar. Except the are brown. When the cone opens
they travel in the wind, settle and take root. I can see them being a
problem in eve gutters, too.

http://softsolder.files.wordpress.co...maple-seed.jpg
Rare mutant triple seed, ours are always one or two.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I might have actually fixed the problem.

No you didn't. Define your spinners.

Right. This is an international list. In some countries "spinner" means insect.

I just knew somebody would know

(Urban words)

Las Vegas: spinner
A petite woman. Denoted as a joke, whereby the petite woman is so thin
she is able to be mounted and spun in a circle on an erect penis.
"She's a spinner."

Chicago: Tacky chrome rims that spin regardless of whether the
vehicle is in motion. Scope out my pimpin Bentley wit Spinners and
racing stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

I might have actually fixed the problem.

No you didn't. Define your spinners.

It's our heads - from trying to comprehend Stumped logik.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I might have actually fixed the problem.

No you didn't. Define your spinners.

Right. This is an international list. In some countries "spinner" means insect.

I just knew somebody would know

(Urban words)

....snip...

Chicago: Tacky chrome rims that spin regardless of whether the
vehicle is in motion. Scope out my pimpin Bentley wit Spinners and
racing stripes!

A few years back I saw a car, maybe a early 90's Buick Century, being
driven by a old guy, probably in his 80's. As he sat at the red light, his
rims were just spinning, spinning, spinning.

It was the strangest thing I had ever seen. Nothing else on the car, or in
it ;-) was pimped out, just the wheels. Very strange.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clear the spinners out of the highways

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Chicago: Tacky chrome rims that spin regardless of whether the
vehicle is in motion. Scope out my pimpin Bentley wit Spinners and
racing stripes!

A few years back I saw a car, maybe a early 90's Buick Century, being
driven by a old guy, probably in his 80's. As he sat at the red light, his
rims were just spinning, spinning, spinning.

It was the strangest thing I had ever seen. Nothing else on the car, or in
it ;-) was pimped out, just the wheels. Very strange.

It's all a part of being cool!

--
Tekkie

Bats in eaves Joe Casey Home Repair 7 May 13th 18 05:14 PM
eaves storage rob UK diy 7 October 3rd 06 12:01 PM
reshingling from the eaves up Choreboy Home Repair 19 August 31st 05 10:06 PM
Ozone generator to clear mold, will it clear termites too? Miki Home Ownership 2 January 8th 05 01:08 PM
draining CH after Fernox Restorer - how clear is clear? dave @ stejonda UK diy 5 June 27th 04 09:28 AM