Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you have Andersen casement windows? Help me...

I always thought my Andersen casement window, I have 5 installed in a bow window in front of my house, would not
leak in heavy rain. Not true, recently in a heavy rainstorm, which caused a gutter run over above the window. The wind
was blowing the falling water directly against the window near the window top. The middle 3 openable window although
closed and securely locked all leaked water from the top and water leaked inside the window and had to be wiped up
with towels. We had to leave towels at the widow bases during the night. Ii have washed those windows using a garden
hose several times before, with no leakage! I am mystified as to how they leaked this time. The bow window was purchased in 1979,
so this window is about 35 years old!

CAN YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE FAILURE OF MY WIDOW TO PREVENT LEAKAGE.
The leakage occurred during a thunderstorm yesterday June 13, 2014.

Our address is 19 Sagamore Ave. Oceanport, NJ 07757, phone: 732-222-8331
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Wow - this google-googler gave his address in a usenet post! (was: Doyou have Andersen casement windows? Help me...)

altier1932 @ gmail.com wrote:

I always thought...

CAN YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE FAILURE OF MY WIDOW TO PREVENT
LEAKAGE. The leakage occurred during a thunderstorm yesterday
June 13, 2014.

Our address is 19 Sagamore Ave. Oceanport, NJ 07757
phone: 732-222-8331

Wow.

Here's a post that will live on in usenet infamy.

------------------
49 Sagamore Ave, OCEANPORT, NJ 07757
Sold on 5/21/14: $425,000

http://photos1.zillow.com/p_d/IS176o...0000000000.jpg

Bedrooms:3 beds
Bathrooms:2.5 baths
Single Family:1,774 sq ft
Lot:5,001 sq ft
Year Built:2007
Last Sold: May 2014 for $425,000
--------------------

So who do we have here?

Guy Gualtieri? Or is it John? Or Marion?

I know. John G Gualtieri. G for Guy. I like the name Guy, btw.

I would have guessed Long Branch. Your actual address is 1.5 miles from
the center of Long Branch (Long Branch Ave and Cooper Ave?).

Hey trader_4 - you're a google-giggler like Mr. Gualtieri is. Why don't
you help him with his windoze. He's a 16 mile drive from you.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

I wrote:

------------------
49 Sagamore Ave, OCEANPORT, NJ 07757
Sold on 5/21/14: $425,000
-------------------

Sorry John Gualtieri - I screwed up. Wrong address.

19 Sagamore Ave. Oceanport, NJ 07757

Bedrooms: 4 beds
Bathrooms: 2.5 baths
Single Family: 2,650 sq ft
Lot: 10,001 sqft
Year Built: 1964

Hey Guy - I can see you in the google street-view image of your house!

You're standing in your driveway, wearing a red baseball hat blue jacket
and jeans. Left hand in your jacket pocket.

Looks like you're watching your lawn sprinkler water your lawn. It
needs it - very brown.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

CAN YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE FAILURE OF MY WIDOW TO PREVENT LEAKAGE.

Widows are like that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

HomeGuy Home@Guy.com wrote in
:

Subject: Wow - this google-googler gave his address in a usenet
post! (was: Do you have Andersen casement windows? Help me...) From:
HomeGuy Home@Guy.com Newsgroups:
alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

I wrote:

------------------
49 Sagamore Ave, OCEANPORT, NJ 07757
Sold on 5/21/14: $425,000
-------------------

Sorry John Gualtieri - I screwed up. Wrong address.

19 Sagamore Ave. Oceanport, NJ 07757

How do you know the OP posted his own address? Maybe he has an enemy at
that address and he wanted to publicize it. Even a GoogleGrouper wouldn't
be so stupid as to post their own address, would he?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:15:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I always thought my Andersen casement window, I have 5 installed in a bow window in front of my house, would not

leak in heavy rain. Not true, recently in a heavy rainstorm, which caused The middle 3 openable window althougha gutter run over above the window. The wind

was blowing the falling water directly against the window near the window top.

closed and securely locked all leaked water from the top and water leaked inside the window and had to be wiped up

with towels. We had to leave towels at the widow bases during the night. Ii have washed those windows using a garden

hose several times before, with no leakage! I am mystified as to how they leaked this time. The bow window was purchased in 1979,

so this window is about 35 years old!

CAN YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE FAILURE OF MY WIDOW TO PREVENT LEAKAGE.

The leakage occurred during a thunderstorm yesterday June 13, 2014.

I'd say the window leaked for probably two reasons:

1 - a gutter run over above the window. The wind
was blowing the falling water directly against the window near the window top.

2 - the window is 35 years old.

Windows that open like that are designed to be as tight as possible,
but I wouldn't expect that every one is going to be able to stand up
to a continuous torrent of water from a gutter pouring across it,
with strong wind blowing against it too. And at 35 years, the windows
are at the end of their service life, so to expect them to perform like
a new window is unreasonable. It's also possibly an install issue too,
and not the window itself.

From: HomeGuy Home@Guy.com Newsgroups:
alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

I wrote:

------------------

..

How do you know the OP posted his own address? Maybe he
has an enemy
at that address and he wanted to publicize it. Even a
GoogleGrouper
wouldn't be so stupid as to post their own address, would
he?

Well, you and home boi are stupid enough to repost it,
so.............

From: HomeGuy Home@Guy.com Newsgroups:

I wrote:

How do you know the OP posted his own address? Maybe he
has an enemy
at that address and he wanted to publicize it. Even a
GoogleGrouper
wouldn't be so stupid as to post their own address, would
he?

Well, you and home boi are stupid enough to repost it,
so.............

So, you proved my point. But it's not my address.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 05:57:11 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

The leakage occurred during a thunderstorm yesterday June 13, 2014.

I'd say the window leaked for probably two reasons:

1 - a gutter run over above the window. The wind
was blowing the falling water directly against the window near the window top.

.... additionally, the top of the window may not have been flashed
properly of the top was not sealed with caulk.

2 - the window is 35 years old.

Windows that open like that are designed to be as tight as possible,
but I wouldn't expect that every one is going to be able to stand up
to a continuous torrent of water from a gutter pouring across it,
with strong wind blowing against it too. And at 35 years, the windows
are at the end of their service life, so to expect them to perform like
a new window is unreasonable. It's also possibly an install issue too,
and not the window itself.

OP can try to recreate the leak with garden hose. If it is the window
or the flashing, it should be easy to find and fix.
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I always thought my Andersen casement window,

Did what?

[...]

We'll be right over. You do intend to pay all expenses including travel?
Will a limo be provided? I like seafood so I think Oceanport should have
some fine lobster places. We'll just add it to the tab, what the heck. I
would say authorize a CC payment of $5k should do it for me. What you say
Oren? In on this road-trip? I guess you will have to fly in so he'll need at
least 8k. Anyone else signing up? Canucks & whiners need not apply.

If you want a free guess than I would say the flashing is bleeped. You get
what you pay for. Additional note fix the freaking gutters. Did it make it
through Sandy ok?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 20:24:09 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

We'll be right over. You do intend to pay all expenses including travel?
Will a limo be provided? I like seafood so I think Oceanport should have
some fine lobster places. We'll just add it to the tab, what the heck. I
would say authorize a CC payment of $5k should do it for me. What you say
Oren? In on this road-trip? I guess you will have to fly in so he'll need at
least 8k. Anyone else signing up? Canucks & whiners need not apply.

If you want a free guess than I would say the flashing is bleeped. You get
what you pay for. Additional note fix the freaking gutters. Did it make it
through Sandy ok?

OP has vanished. I can't go; but if you do, have the OP insure your
tools in case the airlines sends them to Tallahassee or Albuquerque.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

OP has vanished. I can't go; but if you do, have the OP insure your
tools in case the airlines sends them to Tallahassee or Albuquerque.

Trader-4 can go. He lives only 16 miles from the OP.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

We'll be right over. You do intend to pay all expenses including travel?
Will a limo be provided? I like seafood so I think Oceanport should have
some fine lobster places. We'll just add it to the tab, what the heck. I
would say authorize a CC payment of $5k should do it for me. What you say
Oren? In on this road-trip? I guess you will have to fly in so he'll need at
least 8k. Anyone else signing up? Canucks & whiners need not apply.

If you want a free guess than I would say the flashing is bleeped. You get
what you pay for. Additional note fix the freaking gutters. Did it make it
through Sandy ok?

OP has vanished. I can't go; but if you do, have the OP insure your
tools in case the airlines sends them to Tallahassee or Albuquerque.

Well, he hasn't been forthcoming with the jing so I'll send my buddy Vito to
deal with it. He'll be thrashing for the flashing.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:33:07 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

OP has vanished. I can't go; but if you do, have the OP insure your
tools in case the airlines sends them to Tallahassee or Albuquerque.

Well, he hasn't been forthcoming with the jing so I'll send my buddy Vito to
deal with it. He'll be thrashing for the flashing.

Nick the Blade, from Philly may be out of the joint by now. Yes, I
knew him in the Pen. He was a runner for Nicodemo Scarfo...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicodemo_Scarfo

Both of them were close to the crooks from the French Connection. Same
Pen - USP Lewsiburg, PA.

Nicky Scarfo plans to die in the pen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

OP has vanished. I can't go; but if you do, have the OP insure your
tools in case the airlines sends them to Tallahassee or Albuquerque.

Well, he hasn't been forthcoming with the jing so I'll send my buddy Vito to
deal with it. He'll be thrashing for the flashing.

Nick the Blade, from Philly may be out of the joint by now. Yes, I
knew him in the Pen. He was a runner for Nicodemo Scarfo...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicodemo_Scarfo

Both of them were close to the crooks from the French Connection. Same
Pen - USP Lewsiburg, PA.

Nicky Scarfo plans to die in the pen.

Little Nicky is making a name for himself (cough cough). Yeah I've been
*PAST* there in some traveling. Gee if I knew who you were we could have
given each other the Hawaiian salute.

Did you watch The Five Wed.?

Don't come on my face unless you ask first! - Kimberly Guilfoyle

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 19:39:01 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

OP has vanished. I can't go; but if you do, have the OP insure your
tools in case the airlines sends them to Tallahassee or Albuquerque.

Well, he hasn't been forthcoming with the jing so I'll send my buddy Vito to
deal with it. He'll be thrashing for the flashing.

Nick the Blade, from Philly may be out of the joint by now. Yes, I
knew him in the Pen. He was a runner for Nicodemo Scarfo...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicodemo_Scarfo

Both of them were close to the crooks from the French Connection. Same
Pen - USP Lewsiburg, PA.

Nicky Scarfo plans to die in the pen.

Little Nicky is making a name for himself (cough cough). Yeah I've been
*PAST* there in some traveling. Gee if I knew who you were we could have
given each other the Hawaiian salute.

The Nike the Blade I mention is not related to Scrafo. He got some
time too. I can almost see his face and can't even think of his name
and number.

Did you watch The Five Wed.?

Don't come on my face unless you ask first! - Kimberly Guilfoyle

Gosh I missed a good um! I think she squirms in her panties. She isn't
bashful at all. Was she talking to Bob?

Another good um.

"...what is good is the front end if you don't have the back end..."

Kimberly Guilfoyle
--
Q: Why do men get their great ideas in bed?
A: Because their plugged into a genius!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Did you watch The Five Wed.?

Don't come on my face unless you ask first! - Kimberly Guilfoyle

Gosh I missed a good um! I think she squirms in her panties. She isn't
bashful at all. Was she talking to Bob?

No, Greg said to Dana "That's like saying I won't come on your face" when
they were having a discussion on the Dems lies. Juan Williams was on and in
the background you could hear his disbelief...

IIRC it was last Wednesday about 30 minutes into the program. I had to
rewind it a few times to make certain I heard what I thought I heard.

--
Tekkie

How to remove crank cover on ~20yo Andersen casement window Christopher Nelson Home Repair 7 July 30th 19 07:25 PM
Andersen windows: 200 or 400? Arkadiy Home Repair 1 March 6th 07 09:28 PM
Windows, Renewal by Andersen? [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 31st 06 06:42 PM
Andersen vinyl windows Art Home Repair 4 February 22nd 06 04:19 AM
Andersen casement window questions Al Cunniff Home Repair 1 August 31st 04 06:47 AM