Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] altier1932@gmail.com is offline

Default Do you have Andersen casement windows? Help me...

I always thought my Andersen casement window, I have 5 installed in a bow window in front of my house, would not
leak in heavy rain. Not true, recently in a heavy rainstorm, which caused a gutter run over above the window. The wind
was blowing the falling water directly against the window near the window top. The middle 3 openable window although
closed and securely locked all leaked water from the top and water leaked inside the window and had to be wiped up
with towels. We had to leave towels at the widow bases during the night. Ii have washed those windows using a garden
hose several times before, with no leakage! I am mystified as to how they leaked this time. The bow window was purchased in 1979,
so this window is about 35 years old!

CAN YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE FAILURE OF MY WIDOW TO PREVENT LEAKAGE.
The leakage occurred during a thunderstorm yesterday June 13, 2014.

Our address is 19 Sagamore Ave. Oceanport, NJ 07757, phone: 732-222-8331