Posted to alt.home.repair

Default killing red wasps in texas how to?

We have tin roofs and wasps have
Built nest in the eves of the house.
12 feet up. We use foam wasp spray,
Works great coming out of nest. How
Do we kill the nests?

Posted to alt.home.repair

marion w
wrote:
We have tin roofs and wasps have
Built nest in the eves of the house.
12 feet up. We use foam wasp spray,
Works great coming out of nest. How
Do we kill the nests?

Whether they are paper or mud, you just have to knock the
nests down after again and again.
Mud dobbers are persistent and wil keep coming back. It's a
continous effort
Some say painting your soffits and eaves light blue repels
them, but I don't beleive it

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 20:45:01 -0700, marion w
wrote:

We have tin roofs and wasps have Built nest in the eves of the house.
12 feet up. We use foam wasp spray, Works great coming out of nest. How
Do we kill the nests?

I used to watch in horror at a farmer who took a coffee can [antique metal
type] of gasoline [petrol] and simply threw it on the nest in one big
swoosh! Horror was not the killing, rather the potential for one big
explosion! Wasps instantly exited the nest and fell to the ground. THEN he
knocked down the nests and burned it which was pretty easy now since
soaked in accelerant(sp?).

Bet it works using diesel, which is not so explosive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

You have to saturate the nest with spray, it has a residual killing
action for a couple weeks. Wait at least a few days so it can kill ones
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 03:45:01 +0000, marion w
wrote:

We have tin roofs and wasps have
Built nest in the eves of the house.
12 feet up. We use foam wasp spray,
Works great coming out of nest. How
Do we kill the nests?

FIRE!

Caution do not light house on fire. Or use a hose or pressure washer
to knock it down. If they rebuild knock it down quick before they
get too far. They will fiquire out this s not a safe place and move
elsewhere.

Buddy of mine says spray vinager there, it will keep them away.

YMMV.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/12/2014 11:45 PM, marion w wrote:
We have tin roofs and wasps have Built nest in the eves of the house. 12
feet up. We use foam wasp spray, Works great coming out of nest. How Do
we kill the nests?

I'm uncertain if all wasps species are similar in territories, but as I
understand it, wasps will not build a nest if they wee one already
there. Therefore, they sell imitation wasps nest to hang in areas you
don't want real nest to be built.

BTW, when killing wasps, do so late evening when they are least active.
If you trying killing them while active, many are out and about doing
their jobs. Wasps emit signals of danger to each other and if the they
or the nest are being attacked, the others will return and sting you.

I had to climb on my parents roof to kill the nest and remove it. My
step-father bought one of those fake nest and to this day (about 3 years
now) there hasn't been any more nests.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2014 5:25 AM, Meanie wrote:
[...]

I used to take a half a towel and soak it with alcohol. Then make a
cotton string wick. Put it on the end of a heavy Calcutta cane pole.
Just after dusk, when they are all in the nest, wet the towel in
alcohol, getting the wick wet. Light the wick, and just as the flame
reaches the towel, put it right under the nest. A lot will fall on you,
so be ready to move out if you get a lot. Repeat a couple of times.
Alcohol won't leave as bad of soot marks as diesel or other solvent. I
have heard that soap spray works to kill bees, might work on wasps, too.

Steve

Wasps... die, die, die! notbob Home Repair 33 October 2nd 11 03:19 AM
wasps again Dave UK diy 12 July 18th 09 08:03 PM
Texas "Hill Country" woodworking ... or working to an 1/8th on a nippy Texas morning. Swingman Woodworking 13 January 23rd 09 09:58 PM
Wasps! Jape UK diy 69 July 19th 05 11:59 PM
Aaargh Killing black growth in toilet w/o killing 22 pound cat 1_Patriotic_Gal Home Repair 16 May 22nd 04 02:31 PM