Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default killing red wasps in texas how to?

On 6/12/2014 11:45 PM, marion w wrote:
We have tin roofs and wasps have Built nest in the eves of the house. 12
feet up. We use foam wasp spray, Works great coming out of nest. How Do
we kill the nests?

I'm uncertain if all wasps species are similar in territories, but as I
understand it, wasps will not build a nest if they wee one already
there. Therefore, they sell imitation wasps nest to hang in areas you
don't want real nest to be built.

BTW, when killing wasps, do so late evening when they are least active.
If you trying killing them while active, many are out and about doing
their jobs. Wasps emit signals of danger to each other and if the they
or the nest are being attacked, the others will return and sting you.

I had to climb on my parents roof to kill the nest and remove it. My
step-father bought one of those fake nest and to this day (about 3 years
now) there hasn't been any more nests.