Posted to alt.home.repair

Default concrete & masonary waterproofer ok for wood?

Cut some wood stakes for staking tomatoes and need to treat them with
something so they don't rot so fast. All I have around is Behr Concrete and
Masonry waterproofer. Will it work ok on wood?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:50:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Cut some wood stakes for staking tomatoes and need to treat them with

something so they don't rot so fast. All I have around is Behr Concrete and

Masonry waterproofer. Will it work ok on wood?

If it'll stick and you have no other use for it, why not try it.

Bottom line - tomato stakes are perishable items, cost pennies and not worth trying to make them eternal.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:26:20 PM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:
On Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:50:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Cut some wood stakes for staking tomatoes and need to treat them with

something so they don't rot so fast. All I have around is Behr Concrete and

Masonry waterproofer. Will it work ok on wood?

If it'll stick and you have no other use for it, why not try it.

Bottom line - tomato stakes are perishable items, cost pennies and not worth trying to make them eternal.

Harry K

besides the waterproofing chemical may leach into the soil and become a health hazard

The metal cages are cheap and last forever

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Vaseline

Heh heh heh my perverted sense of humor. Maybe he should use vampire stakes?

I wouldn't bother with coatings.
--
Tekkie

HF masonary bit modificaton Stormin Mormon Home Repair 19 November 20th 11 06:55 AM
Masonary sealers - DIY? G Mulcaster Home Repair 2 October 21st 10 04:51 PM
Kingfisher masonary paint GordyH UK diy 1 May 25th 10 11:23 AM
Masonary painting John UK diy 4 August 16th 08 02:01 PM
Masonary paint John Rumm UK diy 6 July 6th 04 12:43 PM