John Rumm

Default Masonary paint

Anyine know of a supplier of exterior masonary paint with a decent range
of colours?

I was looking for a very pale green (Sandtex used to do one called Spray
Gree IIRC) but most places seem to have umpteen variations on "off
white" and naff all else.

--
Cheers,

John.

Grunff

John Rumm wrote:
Anyine know of a supplier of exterior masonary paint with a decent range
of colours?

I was looking for a very pale green (Sandtex used to do one called Spray
Gree IIRC) but most places seem to have umpteen variations on "off
white" and naff all else.

The Dulux stuff is pretty good, and can be mixed to any colour you want.
Comes in smooth and textured.

--
Grunff
Andy Hall

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:20:36 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Anyine know of a supplier of exterior masonary paint with a decent range
of colours?

I was looking for a very pale green (Sandtex used to do one called Spray
Gree IIRC) but most places seem to have umpteen variations on "off
white" and naff all else.

Yes. Take a look at products by Jotun, who are a Norwegian company.
I have used some of their wood preservatives and coatings and the
results have been excellent.

They also do masonry paint products called "Glamur" and "Max", and
AFAIK, all are available in a broad range of colours - i.e. the
distributor will blend any colour that you like from a match or from a
spec.

There is a UK web site www.jotun.co.uk which is not that great other
than to give a contact detail for brochures. These are worth getting
but don't show many colours.

The Norwegian web site is better, and some sections are in English as
well.

Go to www.jotun.no and click on "Male ute" and then on the submenu
"FargeVelger". This will give you an interactive colour tool where
you can switch to English (Engelsk) and then select a house view that
is reasonable. Most are wood, of course, but for the exercise of
looking at a colour on a surface and other colours around it, it
doesn't matter. You can then play around and tweak the colours,
noting the number. This can be done from their palettes or you can
pick your own.

WHat I did was to find the colours that I wanted (I needed two) and
then bought a litre of each. I did test pieces and offered them up
on the surfaces in question. The result was very true to the photo
tool.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
G&M

wrote:

Anyine know of a supplier of exterior masonary paint with a decent range
of colours?

B&Q can mix loads of colours using a Dulux masonary paint base.

John Rumm

Andy Hall wrote:

Go to www.jotun.no and click on "Male ute" and then on the submenu
"FargeVelger". This will give you an interactive colour tool where
you can switch to English (Engelsk) and then select a house view that
is reasonable. Most are wood, of course, but for the exercise of

Hmmm - cute! Some nice houses to play with as well, although I note the
average UK semi does not seem to put in a appearance though ;-)

Must admit I had not realised that there were "mix your own" options for
masonary paint. That does make life much simpler.

--
Cheers,

John.

Rick Hughes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Anyine know of a supplier of exterior masonary paint with a decent range
of colours?

I was looking for a very pale green (Sandtex used to do one called Spray
Gree IIRC) but most places seem to have umpteen variations on "off
white" and naff all else.

not quite ... take a look at :
http://www.sandtex.co.uk/pdfs/MasonryPaintColour.pdf

There are 20 different shades in the Super Smooth range which I used.

I bought match pots of several of them ..... then spent time mixing colours
& proportions until I got the colour I wanted.

Rick

Christian McArdle

Anyine know of a supplier of exterior masonary paint with a decent range
of colours?

Dulux Trade does WeatherShield Smooth in 1800 colours and Textured in
1200 colours. It contains fungicide and algicide. Apparently, smooth should
last 15 years, whilst the textured should last 10 years.

Christian.