Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HF masonary bit modificaton

Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 15, 3:44*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Bought a set of these

* *http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...saw-41453.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

Abrasive wheel, pref in a chop saw, but angle grinder would do it..

But, you may not have to, if your chuck is big enough, at least for some
sizes. I lent my SDS bits to someone with a plain chuck drill.

The other idea is, if you can find someone with a lathe, you could turn down
the SDS end, for a reduced shank-type ditty. Don't know what the final
diameter would wind up being, tho.
--
EA

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

I suspect that a set of drills purchased from HF could be cut in 2 with
a hot butter knife.

Learn more about Mitt Romney's Crazy Religious Beliefs @

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/2011/october/romney.html

But wait! There's more!
View a bonus video about the secret world of Mormonism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6brMrFw0E

;-)

On 11/15/2011 3:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.exmormon.org

You're ****ting me, right? This is a joke, right?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brother Harry Hardwick" wrote in message
I suspect that a set of drills purchased from HF could be cut in 2 with a
hot butter knife.

Well, a wood saw, at any rate. LOL

But, it might all be moot, cuz the carbide will proly fall out immediately.
--
EA

Learn more about Mitt Romney's Crazy Religious Beliefs @

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/2011/october/romney.html

But wait! There's more!
View a bonus video about the secret world of Mormonism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6brMrFw0E

;-)

On 11/15/2011 3:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

Posted to alt.home.repair

. ..

wrote:
Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.exmormon.org

You're ****ting me, right? This is a joke, right?

With Stormin, it's hard to tell.
--
EA

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Using a HF tool to modify a HF tool. Something seems fitting
about that. I wasn't planning to spend $37.99 to modify a
$19.99 seet of bits.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...saw-41453.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

I will try them in my half inch chuck drill. Thinking along
the lines of weaken the shaft with angle grinder, or dremel
and cut off tool. Use a bench vise to hold the shaft, and
break the SDS part off with a BFH.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

Abrasive wheel, pref in a chop saw, but angle grinder would
do it..

But, you may not have to, if your chuck is big enough, at
least for some
sizes. I lent my SDS bits to someone with a plain chuck
drill.

The other idea is, if you can find someone with a lathe, you
could turn down
the SDS end, for a reduced shank-type ditty. Don't know
what the final
diameter would wind up being, tho.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Who can tell? You could be right. I was thinking to score
them and snap em.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Brother Harry Hardwick" wrote
in message
I suspect that a set of drills purchased from HF could be
cut in 2 with
a hot butter knife.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm completely serious.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

. ..

wrote:
Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

You're ****ting me, right? This is a joke, right?

Steve B
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've occasionally been less than serious. Last week, I
needed a 3/4 masonary bit, and didn't have one. Now I have a
set, and figure I can modify the bits to match my drill.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..

You're ****ting me, right? This is a joke, right?

With Stormin, it's hard to tell.
--
EA

Steve
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 15, 8:44*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Bought a set of these

* *http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

You can buy converters.

But you should get an SDS drill. Far better system for hammer drills
especially.
Never slips in the chuck, never comes loose, quick to change, drills
holes faster.
Most additionally have a non-rotating hammer action as well as non-
hammer drilling too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Using a HF tool to modify a HF tool. Something seems fitting
about that. I wasn't planning to spend $37.99 to modify a
$19.99 seet of bits.

But, now they're $9.99!

A $2 abrasive blade in your skilsaw would handle it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I will try them in my half inch chuck drill. Thinking along
the lines of weaken the shaft with angle grinder, or dremel
and cut off tool. Use a bench vise to hold the shaft, and
break the SDS part off with a BFH.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

An abrasive cutting blade in that angle grinder would cut it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 15, 6:13*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Using a HF tool to modify a HF tool. Something seems fitting
about that. I wasn't planning to spend $37.99 to modify a
$19.99 seet of bits.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

* *http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...saw-41453.html

You didn't specify a price point for the fix. You simply asked "How
can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft."

I, too, thought another HF tool was a fitting suggestion. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ah, the government approach. Price is no object. Still, the
HF tool to modify the HF tool. You know, to be vogue, we'd
have to use the multi function tool. That HF MF, is so
totally "now".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

You didn't specify a price point for the fix. You simply
asked "How
can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft."

I, too, thought another HF tool was a fitting suggestion.
;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:44:18 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

Just chuck it up in the drill. Done that numerous times.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll have to try that, some day. Be interesting if it works.
I had a job, I was drilling 3/4 inch holes in concrete, I
sure could have used a proper bit. Yes, I used the wrong bit
because it's what I had.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael Dobony" wrote in
message . ..
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:44:18 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Bought a set of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-42639.html

My hammer drill is plain chuck, not SDS. How can I cut off
the SDS part of the shaft?

Just chuck it up in the drill. Done that numerous times.

Posted to alt.home.repair

LEARN MORE ABOUT buying the right tools. If you needed a 3/4 why the
hell did you buy crap toys when you need something ,just a waist of
money !

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/Jerryohio-2/Ahamtomatoes

Masonary Paint Removal Dave Liquorice[_2_] UK diy 41 April 12th 19 10:56 AM
Masonary sealers - DIY? G Mulcaster Home Repair 2 October 21st 10 04:51 PM
Paint removal - masonary mo UK diy 28 July 9th 10 10:41 PM
Masonary painting John UK diy 4 August 16th 08 02:01 PM
Masonary paint John Rumm UK diy 6 July 6th 04 12:43 PM