Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-2000,alt.home.repair

Default Changing "File View" Defaults in Windows 2000

On Thu, 15 May 2014 08:53:44 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

I need Windows Explorer to show details. When I turn off the PC, next time I turn it on, it is automatically reset to showing icons. Anyone know a way to change the default view so that I can avoid these resetting steps each time?

Right now, I'm doing it manually like this....Open Windows Explorer. Click on VIEW DETAILS. Then click on TOOLS FOLDER OPTIONS VIEW (tab) LIKE CURRENT FOLDER YES OK.

Thanks.

Bob

PS - Yes, I know AHR is not a computer group, but you guys know every stinking thing under the sun! More or less... LOL!!!

_How to modify your folder view settings or to customize a folder_

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812003
Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-2000,alt.home.repair

wrote:

I need Windows Explorer to show details. When I turn off the PC, next time I turn it on, it is automatically reset to showing icons. Anyone know a way to change the default view so that I can avoid these resetting steps each time?

Right now, I'm doing it manually like this....Open Windows Explorer. Click on VIEW DETAILS. Then click on TOOLS FOLDER OPTIONS VIEW (tab) LIKE CURRENT FOLDER YES OK.

ALSO Choose Remember each folder's view settings
THEN Close Explorer to memorise the settings.
THEN Relaunch it to check the results. You may find the window
dimensions have changed, and if required you can now drag them
again to what they should be and exit again. This time both
the column layour and the window dimensions should be remembered.

Optionally, you can then unselect Remember each folder's view
settings, so that in future it will always come up as first
remembered.

ISTR, there is also a relevant Group Policy Setting, but can't seem to
find it ATM.

PS - Yes, I know AHR is not a computer group, but you guys know every stinking thing under the sun! More or less... LOL!!!

Eh?
Senior Member

Guv Bob:

Here's the instructions for doing it with Windows XP:

How to change default file/folder view on Windows XP - Configuration - Windows XP

See if you can follow a similar procedure for Windows 2000.

Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-2000,alt.home.repair

If you don't get it, see he

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/xpfix.php5#folfix

I'm not sure about 2000, but I'm guessing it's the
same as XP. XP never worked right in the first place.
There's a full explanation at the link. It's a utility for
repairing XP folder settings so that Explorer will obey
your choice and show not only the view but also the
folder window size that you prefer.

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
I need Windows Explorer to show details. When I turn off the PC, next time
I turn it on, it is automatically reset to showing icons. Anyone know a way
to change the default view so that I can avoid these resetting steps each
time?

Right now, I'm doing it manually like this....Open Windows Explorer. Click
on VIEW DETAILS. Then click on TOOLS FOLDER OPTIONS VIEW (tab) LIKE
CURRENT FOLDER YES OK.

Thanks.

Bob

PS - Yes, I know AHR is not a computer group, but you guys know every
stinking thing under the sun! More or less... LOL!!!

Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-2000,alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2014 12:53 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
I need Windows Explorer to show details.

When I turn off the PC, next time I turn it on,
it is automatically reset to showing icons.
Anyone know a way to change the default view so
that I can avoid these resetting steps each time?

Right now, I'm doing it manually like this....

Open Windows Explorer. Click on VIEW DETAILS.
Then click on TOOLS FOLDER OPTIONS VIEW
(tab) LIKE CURRENT FOLDER YES OK.

Thanks.

Bob

PS - Yes, I know AHR is not a computer group, but

you guys know every stinking thing under the sun!
More or less... LOL!!!

With win explorer open, change to details, like you like.

Up top: click file, and then folder options.
Click the view tab. In the upper left, click
"apply to all folders".

See if that helps.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-2000,alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...
On 5/15/2014 12:53 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
I need Windows Explorer to show details.

When I turn off the PC, next time I turn it on,
it is automatically reset to showing icons.
Anyone know a way to change the default view so
that I can avoid these resetting steps each time?

Right now, I'm doing it manually like this....

Open Windows Explorer. Click on VIEW DETAILS.
Then click on TOOLS FOLDER OPTIONS VIEW
(tab) LIKE CURRENT FOLDER YES OK.

Thanks.

Bob

PS - Yes, I know AHR is not a computer group, but

you guys know every stinking thing under the sun!
More or less... LOL!!!

With win explorer open, change to details, like you like.

Up top: click file, and then folder options.
Click the view tab. In the upper left, click
"apply to all folders".

See if that helps.

That's what I'm doing now. Windows stay as set until I turn the power off and on again and it reverts to the icons.