Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-2000,alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Changing "File View" Defaults in Windows 2000

If you don't get it, see he

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/xpfix.php5#folfix

I'm not sure about 2000, but I'm guessing it's the
same as XP. XP never worked right in the first place.
There's a full explanation at the link. It's a utility for
repairing XP folder settings so that Explorer will obey
your choice and show not only the view but also the
folder window size that you prefer.

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
I need Windows Explorer to show details. When I turn off the PC, next time
I turn it on, it is automatically reset to showing icons. Anyone know a way
to change the default view so that I can avoid these resetting steps each
time?

Right now, I'm doing it manually like this....Open Windows Explorer. Click
on VIEW DETAILS. Then click on TOOLS FOLDER OPTIONS VIEW (tab) LIKE
CURRENT FOLDER YES OK.

Thanks.

Bob

PS - Yes, I know AHR is not a computer group, but you guys know every
stinking thing under the sun! More or less... LOL!!!