Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trying to find old sears garage opener remote 132A1812

My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only
problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and
then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is
another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number
139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 May 2014 01:44:02 +0000, Mr. G
wrote:

My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only
problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and
then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is
another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number
139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Why do you need that specific model number?

Martin doors will fix you up with a new one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

G,

It could be the remote or it could be the receiver which is part of the
switch mounted in your garage. Sears sells the receiver. Any hardware store
will sell a universal remote. YouTube has videos which show how to program
your system

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I assume you looked on Ebay? Checked Sears parts online? As others
have said, I think you can buy universal ones that have two parts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2014 9:39 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 9:44:02 PM UTC-4, Mr. G wrote:
My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only

problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and

then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is

another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number

139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in

advance for any help.

--

I assume you looked on Ebay? Checked Sears parts online? As others
have said, I think you can buy universal ones that have two parts.
One is the remote, the other the receiver that gets hooked up to the
wires that go to the manual button, so it will work with any opener.

Try adjusting the frequency.
Usually a hole in the case for said adjustment.
I've adjusted my neighbor's several times.
Finally, took it apart. The powdered iron tuning slug
was held into the coil by some foam that had deteriorated over the
years and it was flopping around.
Shimmed it with a rubber band and it stays put now.

Just tweak it till it opens, back away, tweak again...repeat for max
distance.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 5/6/2014 6:44 PM, Mr. G wrote:
My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only
problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and
then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is
another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number
139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in
advance for any help.

You need to buy the conversion kit unless you can find someone with a
used remote. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00283W1GI. You might also find
a universal learning remote. I was surprised that the system in our
Toyota learned the code of a very old Sears opener that was in the house
we bought. But I did notice that the model you have could not be
programmed by some vehicles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article s.com,
Mr. G wrote:

My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only
problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and
then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is
another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number
139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Mr. G-

I wonder if you may be looking for the wrong part number?

A PDF manual for the 139.653000 is available at Sears Parts Direct. The
remote (Transmitter) part number appears to be 6545 or 139.6545. The
manual says, "ORDER BY CODE LETTER", which might be a letter marked on
your old remote.

Most of the repair parts for that model are no longer available at Sears
Parts Direct. One of the universal remotes may be your only option.

As someone else mentioned, your problem might be with the receiver
rather than the remote.

Fred
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mr. G wrote:
My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only
problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and
then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is
another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number
139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Hi,
Can you tell who is the original maker of your opener? Then find ing
replacement will be easy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Tony Hwang wrote:

Mr. G wrote:
My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only
problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and
then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is
another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number
139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Hi,
Can you tell who is the original maker of your opener? Then find ing
replacement will be easy.

That is a good idea. Sears uses the first digits of their model number
to indicate their source. In this case, the source number is 139.
According to
http://vintagemachinery.org/craftsman/manufacturers.aspx, 139 is
Chamberlain (garage goor openers).

Fred
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/6/2014 9:44 PM, Mr. G wrote:
My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only
problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and
then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is
another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number
139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Had a similar problem but never could locate a remote for the existing
equipment. If you have no luck, Google 'SkyLink'. They sell universal
receivers and remotes at reasonable prices. Just wire the receiver to
the opener motor's circuit board. The instructions to do so are included
in their kits, its really easy, just connect a couple of wires and set
some pins for the receiver and remote to communicate with each other.
The remotes are tiny little things (small enough to put on a key chain)
with a common replaceable battery.

John

Old sears garage door opener - Universal remote availalbe? [email protected] Home Repair 4 September 26th 06 02:37 PM
Sears G. Door Opener Won't Go Down With Remote paxton Home Repair 5 January 12th 05 09:09 AM
Problem with Sears Garage Door Opener and Clicker remote David McWilliams Home Repair 1 August 6th 04 10:27 PM
Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener Remote Control FYI SpongeBob SquarePants Rules! Home Repair 0 March 22nd 04 03:41 AM
Sears Garage Door Opener, Remote Keypad Problem John W. Wells Home Repair 7 June 25th 03 04:37 AM