Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Trying to find old sears garage opener remote 132A1812

In article s.com,
Mr. G wrote:

My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only
problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and
then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is
another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number
139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Mr. G-

I wonder if you may be looking for the wrong part number?

A PDF manual for the 139.653000 is available at Sears Parts Direct. The
remote (Transmitter) part number appears to be 6545 or 139.6545. The
manual says, "ORDER BY CODE LETTER", which might be a letter marked on
your old remote.

Most of the repair parts for that model are no longer available at Sears
Parts Direct. One of the universal remotes may be your only option.

As someone else mentioned, your problem might be with the receiver
rather than the remote.

Fred