Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My computer needs a new battery

My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2014 04:01 PM, wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of
those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86645054_n.jpg

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even
notice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

Hmmm,
Today is April 2nd.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 16:23:20 -0500, philo* wrote:

On 04/02/2014 04:01 PM, wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of
those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86645054_n.jpg

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even
notice.

Now that's just totally wild !!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 16:35:26 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

Hmmm,
Today is April 2nd.

There isn't enough time on April 1 to take care of all the pranks and
nonsense. April fool should last ALL month

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/03/2014 12:30 AM, wrote:

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of
those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86645054_n.jpg

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even
notice.

Now that's just totally wild !!!!!!!!

I have all the computers in the house on industrial grade UPS's as well
as the lights in any room with a computer.

Many times we've had power failures and no one even notices.

My work bench is fed buy two UPS's and they have about 18 hours or more
of reserve power.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2014 5:01 PM, wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

Haven't seen one of those since the early 70s when I started working for
Western Electric. We had some in our lab.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

Hmmm,
Today is April 2nd.

well he did say the clock on his computer won't keep the correct time
and date
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Todesco View Post
On 4/2/2014 5:01 PM, wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

Haven't seen one of those since the early 70s when I started working for
Western Electric. We had some in our lab.

---
AVAST 2014 | Antivirus Gratuit - Télécharger la meilleure protection anti-malware
You need a psychic I heard they do such sort of interventions
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo* posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 04/02/2014 04:01 PM, wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of
those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86645054_n.jpg

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even
notice.

I like those Anderson connectors. Ham radio services are trying to
standardize on the Anderson Powerpole.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/03/2014 06:55 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of
those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86645054_n.jpg

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even
notice.

I like those Anderson connectors. Ham radio services are trying to
standardize on the Anderson Powerpole.

Yep . I've used them since 1975 and they were around before that
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 22:14:03 -0500, philo* wrote:

On 04/03/2014 06:55 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of
those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86645054_n.jpg

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even
notice.

I like those Anderson connectors. Ham radio services are trying to
standardize on the Anderson Powerpole.

Yep . I've used them since 1975 and they were around before that

They were on an old electric pallet lift I tore apart in the mid
seventies that was ANCIENT at the time . It had a ReDiPower generator
unit replacing the battery pack - a little 4 cyl Wakeshaw gas engine
running on Propane. (which went into a friend's home made ZTR lawn
mower)