Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My computer needs a new battery

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 22:14:03 -0500, philo* wrote:

On 04/03/2014 06:55 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of
those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86645054_n.jpg

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even
notice.

I like those Anderson connectors. Ham radio services are trying to
standardize on the Anderson Powerpole.

Yep . I've used them since 1975 and they were around before that

They were on an old electric pallet lift I tore apart in the mid
seventies that was ANCIENT at the time . It had a ReDiPower generator
unit replacing the battery pack - a little 4 cyl Wakeshaw gas engine
running on Propane. (which went into a friend's home made ZTR lawn
mower)