Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default My computer needs a new battery

On 04/03/2014 10:53 PM, wrote:

snip

Yep . I've used them since 1975 and they were around before that

They were on an old electric pallet lift I tore apart in the mid
seventies that was ANCIENT at the time . It had a ReDiPower generator
unit replacing the battery pack - a little 4 cyl Wakeshaw gas engine
running on Propane. (which went into a friend's home made ZTR lawn
mower)

In the 38 years that I was in the industrial battery business I don't
think I ever saw one of those generators, but I knew they existed.

However...a few years before I retired, one of my customers was trying a
fuel cell instead of a battery.