Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default My computer needs a new battery

philo* posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 04/02/2014 04:01 PM, wrote:
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct
time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me
one of these. He said they work for everything.
http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/N...901/8680_0.jpg

But I cant find where to put it in the computer.
Can anyone help?

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of
those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86645054_n.jpg

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even
notice.

I like those Anderson connectors. Ham radio services are trying to
standardize on the Anderson Powerpole.

--
Tekkie