Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does anyone know about Danze faucets?

I am looking at this faucet.

http://www.amazon.com/Danze-D100353-.../dp/B001402DPK

It has all of the features I am looking for in a utility sink faucet. The
price point is perfect and the Amazon reviews are good. Problem is, I've
never heard of Danze faucets.

This site says "The product line contains a full range or faucets from
economy to luxury, so it falls generally in the middle-high range of
quality."

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/s...cets.Danze.htm

Does anyone have any experience with Danze facets?

Yes, I know they are made in China and I'm a little concerned with the
warranty. That site says that you have to return the defective part to file
a claim. I'm going to call them and find out what that really means. That
could be a problem if I to do without a faucet if something goes minor goes
wrong or a cartridge needs to be replaced. Other manufacturers just send
you the part.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2014 8:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I am looking at this faucet.
snip

go to your big box store and look for "bar faucet". You'll save money
and be happier. you might have only one choice, but it's still going to
less money AND easier to find replacements parts
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 3/30/2014 7:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Danze facets?

I've had one in the kitchen sink for almost 10 yr -- no complaints.
Price point was good; they're in stock at many if not all Do It Best stores.

A replacement cartridge was mailed gratis within a day of asking...

Posted to alt.home.repair

ng_reader wrote:
On 3/30/2014 8:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I am looking at this faucet.
snip

go to your big box store and look for "bar faucet". You'll save money and
be happier. you might have only one choice, but it's still going to less
money AND easier to find replacements parts

Thanks, but a bar faucet doesn't fit my needs. The goose neck spout doesn't
reach far enough into the utility sink to be useful. Most of the ones I've
seen that are around the same price point have spouts that only extends
about 5" into the sink. The Danze and others of the same "low rise" style
extend between 8 and 9". Much more comfortable to use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

That's what I would expect for things like a cartridge. Thanks for that
information. I'm going to call a local plumbing supply house, give them the

BTW...I had never, ever heard of a Do It Best store, so I Googled their
store locator, expecting to tell you that the closet store was hundreds of
miles away. Turns out there are DIB stores 6, 9, 13 and 17 miles from me!
One of them I've even shopped in, but to me it was a lighting design center
with an electrical parts counter. Maybe it wasn't a DIB the last time I was
there (it's been a few years) or maybe I just never noticed because that's
not the name on the door.

Of the 4 near me, only one is called Do It Best Hardware. The other's all
have different names, ranging from Family-Name Electrical Supply to
Town-Name Lumber, but I guess they're part of the DIB network.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 3/30/2014 11:29 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

BTW...I had never, ever heard of a Do It Best store, so I Googled their
store locator, expecting to tell you that the closet store was hundreds of
miles away. Turns out there are DIB stores 6, 9, 13 and 17 miles from me!
One of them I've even shopped in, but to me it was a lighting design center
with an electrical parts counter. Maybe it wasn't a DIB the last time I was
there (it's been a few years) or maybe I just never noticed because that's
not the name on the door.

Of the 4 near me, only one is called Do It Best Hardware. The other's all
have different names, ranging from Family-Name Electrical Supply to
Town-Name Lumber, but I guess they're part of the DIB network.

Local one is Mead Lumber, the only yard in town...decent full-service
yard. I use the DIB online ordering w/ local pickup for quite a bit of
stuff that isn't in stock.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On 3/30/2014 7:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Danze facets?

I've had one in the kitchen sink for almost 10 yr -- no complaints. Price
point was good; they're in stock at many if not all Do It Best stores.

A replacement cartridge was mailed gratis within a day of asking...

That's what I would expect for things like a cartridge. Thanks for that
information. I'm going to call a local plumbing supply house, give them the
features I'm looking for and see if they have anything in stock. If not,
I'll order the Danze faucet.

I pointed that out 'cuz of the other poster's noting they're an imported
product of a distributorship rather than a "real" manufacturer (altho
I've been told the holding company bought a major interest in Gerber
altho I've not found real documentary evidence of that I don't think
they're distributing Gerber product under the Danze name even if so)
implying no parts. My experience was the 800 number was answered and
they replied promptly and it was US-based call center, not overseas.
Now, that was right after we bought it so whether it's grossly different
in the time since or not I can't say.

The only issue turned out to be a non-issue -- the one we have is side
handle single control and there wasn't sufficient tension to keep the
handle from falling to an open position if pointing up when turned off.
I thought it might be defective cartridge so immediately ordered the
replacement. Turns out while talking to the fellow in support/service
that they'd had enough of the symptom reported he said they just weren't
tight enough. So, did tighten it up a little (had been reluctant to
torque it more w/o a spare just in case) and all has been well since.
Still have the replacement cartridge unopened...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I ordered it from Amazon this morning.

I called a local plumbing supply/bath design outlet and they'd have to
order that faucet, with at least 14 day wait and $3 more. He was surprised
that the spout length was over 8", which is one of the features I was
looking for. Everything else he had was around 6".

I looked at a number of other faucets from various manufacturers and that's
the longest spout length I've found.

Thanks for the responses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2014 12:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I called a local plumbing supply/bath design outlet and they'd have to
order that faucet, with at least 14 day wait and $3 more. He was surprised
that the spout length was over 8", which is one of the features I was
looking for. Everything else he had was around 6".

I've often told my wife that a 6" spout is plenty. She keeps hoping for
8" or more, but it is just not happening.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/31/2014 12:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I called a local plumbing supply/bath design outlet and they'd have to
order that faucet, with at least 14 day wait and $3 more. He was surprised
that the spout length was over 8", which is one of the features I was
looking for. Everything else he had was around 6".

I've often told my wife that a 6" spout is plenty. She keeps hoping for
8" or more, but it is just not happening.

If she wants 12, just give it to her twice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 00:26:00 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I am looking at this faucet.

http://www.amazon.com/Danze-D100353-.../dp/B001402DPK

The body is brass & chrome plated.. I'd give it a whirl.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:35:48 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/31/2014 12:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I called a local plumbing supply/bath design outlet and they'd have to
order that faucet, with at least 14 day wait and $3 more. He was surprised
that the spout length was over 8", which is one of the features I was
looking for. Everything else he had was around 6".

I've often told my wife that a 6" spout is plenty. She keeps hoping for
8" or more, but it is just not happening.

If she wants 12, just give it to her twice.

What. You guys don't know when to backup for the proper adjustment?

Mouse to the Elephant; if it don't fit don't force it.

Air gap for RO faucets Ed Home Repair 0 July 17th 08 07:49 PM
bath/shower thermostatic/pressure balance retrofit faucets for three handle faucets? Matthew Zenkar Home Repair 4 June 9th 07 10:50 PM
Danze faucets??? dpb Home Repair 1 February 17th 07 12:14 AM
de;ta faucets [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 5th 07 03:01 PM
outside faucets doug Home Repair 6 August 11th 06 02:58 PM