Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What am I doing so wrong in this kitchen sink strainer removalprocess?

My sister calls me up with a report of a slow kitchen sink leak.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7133/1...b405d4a3_z.jpg

It turns out to be the connection between plastic and metal:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3728/1...441550b3_z.jpg

I tried using the "correct" tool, but it just bungled up the ring:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7424/1...62995cc1_b.jpg

I tried using the old screwdriver & mallet method, also to no avail:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7414/1...b1bf74f6_b.jpg

Now it's all bungled up (and she's mad at me because it's inoperative):
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5012/1...dd93f3bb_b.jpg

What am I doing wrong?