Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Basket strainer/plug for sink

Despite searching for ages I can't find anyone in the UK who sells, ON
ITS OWN, the stainless steel basket strainer plugs for kitchen sinks.
Here's a picture of one:

http://www.partridges.uk.com/catalog...iner_Waste.jpg

(the plug is on the left)

problem is that one only comes with the receptacle that attaches to
the sink, yet I only want the plug.

Any ideas on a suitable online retailer please?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:23:41 GMT,
(jamma-plusser) wrote:

Despite searching for ages I can't find anyone in the UK who sells, ON
ITS OWN, the stainless steel basket strainer plugs for kitchen sinks.
Here's a picture of one:

http://www.partridges.uk.com/catalog...iner_Waste.jpg

(the plug is on the left)

problem is that one only comes with the receptacle that attaches to
the sink, yet I only want the plug.

Any ideas on a suitable online retailer please?

Thanks

I've got one of them that I picked up somewhere but I don't know if
they come in different sizes .I could post it to you if it's of any
use .I'll size it and get back to you .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:23:41 +0000, jamma-plusser wrote:

Despite searching for ages I can't find anyone in the UK who sells, ON
ITS OWN, the stainless steel basket strainer plugs for kitchen sinks.
Here's a picture of one:

http://www.partridges.uk.com/catalog...iner_Waste.jpg

(the plug is on the left)

problem is that one only comes with the receptacle that attaches to the
sink, yet I only want the plug.

Any ideas on a suitable online retailer please?

Thanks

Been there only to discover that every maker has there own slightly
different but similar design.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 22:10:04 +0000, wrote:

My 'local' B&Q is many miles away, so if you could still post pics of
your plug/basket please that'll be great. :-)

Here ya go
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...r/IMG_9259.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...r/IMG_9260.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...r/IMG_9261.jpg

Looks just perfect to me.

What's your email address please so I can give you my details? :-)

Many thanks

Sink plug RepairNovice Home Repair 2 September 14th 07 02:13 AM
Drain basket won't stay up in sink! [email protected] Home Repair 1 March 16th 07 08:52 PM
Sink Basket [email protected] Home Repair 1 November 19th 06 03:28 AM
Washing machine basket rust - possible to fix, or buy new basket? bryanska Home Repair 12 August 1st 06 02:13 AM
SS Sink Basket? Putty or Silicone? GoHabsGo Home Repair 6 November 15th 05 06:38 PM