Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I have a Westpointe tower/vertical Heater WRC 2605. I need advise.

This heater smells like it is burning and it has something dripping from
it. don't know where it was bought . can't find an owners manual on the
Internet. Is heater on a recall list? is it dangerous to run? can you tell
me where I can find a user's guide or manual. Tried to find company on the
internet no use. *HELP Please*

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:44:02 +0000, Mary T
wrote:

This heater smells like it is burning and it has something dripping from
it. don't know where it was bought . can't find an owners manual on the
Internet. Is heater on a recall list? is it dangerous to run? can you tell
me where I can find a user's guide or manual. Tried to find company on the
internet no use. *HELP Please*

If this is the heater, try using the Sunbeam brand name in the manual
search.

http://www.viewpoints.com/Sunbeam-Portable-Electric-Radiator-Heater-WRC2605-U-reviews
--
"There's nothing like the scent of Cordite in a woman's hair."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/07/2014 05:44 PM, Mary T wrote:
This heater smells like it is burning and it has something dripping from
it. don't know where it was bought . can't find an owners manual on the
Internet. Is heater on a recall list? is it dangerous to run? can you tell
me where I can find a user's guide or manual. Tried to find company on the
internet no use. *HELP Please*

Rather than take the risk of your whole house burning down.

Unplug it. Let it cool down.

Throw it out!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article s.com,
Mary T wrote:

This heater smells like it is burning and it has something dripping from
it. don't know where it was bought . can't find an owners manual on the
Internet. Is heater on a recall list? is it dangerous to run? can you tell
me where I can find a user's guide or manual. Tried to find company on the
internet no use. *HELP Please*

Mary-

Apparently you have a liquid-filled convection heater with a leak. It
is supposed to be permanently sealed, so you may not be able to repair
it.

It may or may not be dangerous to run, but using it without its liquid
may eventually burn out the heating element. What you smell may be the
heating element that is above the surface of the remaining liquid. If
there is no obvious way to refill the liquid, I suggest you stop using
it. If it is fairly new, you should contact the manufacturer to see if
they will stand behind it.

I have two convection heaters from two different companies. They have
worked well for several years with no leaks.

Fred