Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Tety Garf

Default URGENT advise on convector heater

I need to buy an electric heater, my need is to warm up fast a medium
size room adjacent to the kitchen,
at any time when I come from work and central heating is off. I have
found a convector heatere Longhi HCA 530 FTS
which seems to offer the option of a fan for initial heating.

Has any of you seen review or own this appliance, I'd like to know
about noise and
reliability in general.

Many thank in advance.

TG

Stormin Mormon

I have no experience with that heater. The one I do have (and really like)
is a ceramic one. Little back box with a fan and air filter in the back.
Really pumps out heat, and supposed to be more energy efficient than the
filament types.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tety Garf" wrote in message
I need to buy an electric heater, my need is to warm up fast a medium
size room adjacent to the kitchen,
at any time when I come from work and central heating is off. I have
found a convector heatere Longhi HCA 530 FTS
which seems to offer the option of a fan for initial heating.

Has any of you seen review or own this appliance, I'd like to know
about noise and
reliability in general.

Many thank in advance.

TG

Tety Garf

I have tried one of them with a very poor result, perhaps what I had wasn't
the right Watt? Given the size of the room plus kitchen I think
that I might have to go for an oil filled radiator with timer.
However, I am very grateful for your answer.

Many thanks,

TG

"Tety Garf" wrote in message
I need to buy an electric heater, my need is to warm up fast a medium
size room adjacent to the kitchen,
at any time when I come from work and central heating is off. I have
found a convector heatere Longhi HCA 530 FTS
which seems to offer the option of a fan for initial heating.

Has any of you seen review or own this appliance, I'd like to know
about noise and
reliability in general.

Many thank in advance.

TG

Stormin Mormon

Best of luck to you. Hope it keeps you nice and warm in the cold winter
months.

The ceramic heater I have, has a dial which is smoothly continuous from 400
watts to 1500 watts. I've also seen ceramic with a two position switch 800
and 1500, if memory serves.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:26:51 -0500, someone wrote:

I have no experience with that heater. The one I do have (and really like)
is a ceramic one. Little back box with a fan and air filter in the back.
Really pumps out heat, and supposed to be more energy efficient than the
filament types.

How is it "more efficient" - converting electricity to heat by use of
resistance has essentially the same efficiency for all methods
("filament", "ceramic", "oil-filled", all use resistance).

Blowers may help direct the heat, but so can reflectors for radiant
'filament' heaters. Oil-filled surrounds the filament with the oil to
dampen binary on-off fluctuations but is no more or less efficient in
a general sense.

Each watt = (from memory so bracing for error) 3.41 btu, and the
wattage is limited by the voltage and amperage of a single residential
circuit. Typically they are no more than 1500 watts since 120V x 15A
= 1800W and there is some allowance for a bit of margin plus some
other small thing (lamp etc.) being on the circuit.

Despite the hype, there is not a lot of diference in net effect among
the types. Some may be more convenient than others, I like an
oil-filled myself.