Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chinky stinky, what you thinky?

Just got an impact driver from Harbor Freight.
The thing stinks. I mean, really stinks.

Is that the usual for Chinese HF tools?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just got an impact driver from Harbor Freight.
The thing stinks. I mean, really stinks.

Is that the usual for Chinese HF tools?

It's earl. Burning earl.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2014 5:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just got an impact driver from Harbor Freight.
The thing stinks. I mean, really stinks.

Is that the usual for Chinese HF tools?

I've always felt HF stuff stinks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2014 10:39 PM, Todd wrote:
On 03/07/2014 02:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just got an impact driver from Harbor Freight.
The thing stinks. I mean, really stinks.

Is that the usual for Chinese HF tools?

Hi Stormin,

It is a cutting oil they use in manufacturing. It
smells like cat pee. It is really disgusting.
Never comes out.

I buy German, Japanese, or American tools.

Do you have any relatives you don't like you can
give it to?

-T

Ah, maybe that's it. I've been considering leaving the
plastic carrying box open outdoors for a while.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2014 06:22 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I buy German, Japanese, or American tools.

Do you have any relatives you don't like you can
give it to?

-T

Ah, maybe that's it. I've been considering leaving the
plastic carrying box open outdoors for a while.

I have some Xcelite's that are somewhat odoriferous even though I've had
them 45 years...so don't expect that smell to go away. The ones I have,
the smell is somewhat pleasant so it's no big deal.

If you don't like the ones you have , send them to me and I'll give them
to my cats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 8:30 AM, philo wrote:
Ah, maybe that's it. I've been considering leaving the
plastic carrying box open outdoors for a while.

I have some Xcelite's that are somewhat odoriferous even though I've had
them 45 years...so don't expect that smell to go away. The ones I have,
the smell is somewhat pleasant so it's no big deal.

If you don't like the ones you have , send them to me and I'll give them
to my cats.

Are those small screw drivers in a plastic
case?

I have a 18 compartment box for small parts
(clear plastic) that has smelled like vomit
for as long as I've had it.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2014 07:22 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/7/2014 10:39 PM, Todd wrote:
On 03/07/2014 02:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just got an impact driver from Harbor Freight.
The thing stinks. I mean, really stinks.

Is that the usual for Chinese HF tools?

Hi Stormin,

It is a cutting oil they use in manufacturing. It
smells like cat pee. It is really disgusting.
Never comes out.

I buy German, Japanese, or American tools.

Do you have any relatives you don't like you can
give it to?

-T

Ah, maybe that's it. I've been considering leaving the
plastic carrying box open outdoors for a while.

Look like china man **** you again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2014 07:36 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/8/2014 8:30 AM, philo wrote:
Ah, maybe that's it. I've been considering leaving the
plastic carrying box open outdoors for a while.

I have some Xcelite's that are somewhat odoriferous even though I've had
them 45 years...so don't expect that smell to go away. The ones I have,
the smell is somewhat pleasant so it's no big deal.

If you don't like the ones you have , send them to me and I'll give them
to my cats.

Are those small screw drivers in a plastic
case?

I have a 18 compartment box for small parts
(clear plastic) that has smelled like vomit
for as long as I've had it.

Not screw drivers, but nut drivers...
I guess after 45 years I've grown used to it

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86188569_n.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 10:36 AM, philo wrote:
I have some Xcelite's that are somewhat odoriferous even though I've had
them 45 years...so don't expect that smell to go away. The ones I have,
the smell is somewhat pleasant so it's no big deal.

Are those small screw drivers in a plastic
case?

Not screw drivers, but nut drivers...
I guess after 45 years I've grown used to it

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...86188569_n.jpg

Looks just like the set Dad had. I thought
they were well made.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo* posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I have some Xcelite's that are somewhat odoriferous even though I've had
them 45 years...so don't expect that smell to go away. The ones I have,
the smell is somewhat pleasant so it's no big deal.

If you don't like the ones you have , send them to me and I'll give them
to my cats.

I also noticed that. They never seem to stop out-gassing. I wonder if I
should breathe in to help my longevity or whether it's a part of why I am
the way I am...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/12/2014 7:10 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I also noticed that. They never seem to stop out-gassing. I wonder if I
should breathe in to help my longevity or whether it's a part of why I am
the way I am...

As a member of the male gender, I'm obligated
to zing you, now. "Well, that explains a lot!"

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stinky tools Smitty Two Home Repair 19 November 20th 10 08:27 PM
Stinky bin Andrew Gabriel UK diy 31 June 16th 10 02:35 PM
Stinky clothes Wilfred Xavier Pickles Home Repair 19 August 14th 09 05:58 PM
Stinky kerosene? spaco Metalworking 1 March 19th 08 10:08 PM
stinky fridge Gary E Home Repair 4 July 17th 03 02:51 AM