Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ping Stormin Moroman

Hey guy, I know you're a flashlight collector and I carry a few on me
when I'm out and about because I'm very nearsighted and the light from a
small flashlight helps me a great deal when I'm examining something.
Well I finally got my van running again so I can get out of the house
and I went by Home Depot to get some items. I came across the "Defiant"
branded flashlights and picked up two of the different models to try
them out. Wow! You should take a look at them. There is one for $4.88 at
the store near me that's the Defiant Mini LED Work Light Model # 902-GD
that puts out a great deal of light from 16 LEDs. I got another Defiant
flashlight a model 7000. It's an interesting light which is oval with a
single LED and reflector on one end then you slide out the inside which
turns it into a 30 LED work light. It has dual magnets and a hook on the
end and is a very bright light. I can't find it on The Web anywhere
except Fixya where a fellow shows how he fixed a battery
door problem. I suppose the 7000 has been discontinued but I'm going
back to see if there are any left. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pbjppul

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

That's a fun looking light. They don't say what
kind of batteries it takes. That is a big factor,
for me. Thanks for sharing.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/6/2014 11:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

It has a carrier with 3 AAA batteries in the end with a threaded cap.
The light is metal and surprising quality, especially surprising by the
amount of light it puts out. I'm probably going to pick up a few more. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Yep, three triple A. Those cells which cost as much as
AA, but don't weigh as much, and don't last as long.
That would have been my guess. I try (not successfully)
to avoid AAA cells.

I hope that works well for you. I have a two AA head
light with elastic strap from HF. They are three bucks
on sale, and take a mini mag LED module. The elastic
stretches out, and then I put the LED module into the
next light.
http://www.harborfreight.com/headlam...ens-45807.html

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/6/2014 3:15 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I have several headlamps, some that I've had for a long time and they
still work. I have some that clip on to a ball cap. Since I wear a
Redneck head cover all the time, I just got a newer, brighter flexible
ball cap light from Home Depot. It's a "Nite)Ize Innovation, BrimLit"
made by Nite Ize, Inc. and it's the best one I've found. I even have a
ball cap with two LED's built in and it's a good one but I have a fat
head so it doesn't fit that well. The BrimLit cost $14.98 from Home
Depot an is also available from Amazon. I'd recommend it to anyone
because to me, it's a great light for the money. ^_^

Oh yea, it fits any cap or hat with a brim. The Amish and the cowboys
could use it too. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/p388hn8

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

A while ago, I did get a ball cap light at Dollar
Tree. Years ago, I'd used first aid tape to put a
squeeze coin cell "photon" light under my hat brim.
Only used it a couple times, but it sure was nice.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/2014 6:07 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I went back to Home Depot today and purchased 5 more of the under $5 LED
flashlights and 2 more of the $10 LED lights. I gave one of the small
ones to my roommate to carry in his tool bag. The lights are metal with
a clear plastic section containing 16 bright LED's. The flashlight is 8"
long and a bit over 1+1/16" in diameter. I bought extra because if it
gets lost or somehow broken, I'm not out a lot of money. JH has this
goofy kid working for him who left one of JH's expensive LED flashlights
on a job site in another city. Another helper was bad about leaving
tools up in suspended ceilings and forgetting about them. I can issue a
helper his own flashlight and perhaps he will take better care of his
own property. I can tell him if her loses the one I gave him, he'll have
to pay for a replacement. The latest LED flashlights put out an
incredible amount of bright light and they're not that expensive. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Sounds like a great investment. Account of
(was about to write "seeing as how") so much
of what you do is visual. And maybe not in
properly lit areas.

Years ago, Turtle on alt hvac, used to post here
now and again. He wrote at least once of how the
hired help didn't take care of tools, or didn't
get the right parts at the parts house.

I tried to help a teenage boy one time, with
job skills. Gave him a couple basic hand tools
and told him to bring them to every job. He left
em home. He dragged my tool box instead of carry
it, showed up in blue jeans with scrotum pushing
out of tears, and no tools. He didn't last long.

Wish I lived closer, I'd offer to apprentice with
you. At least, I'm drug, alcohol, q, w, e, r, t,
y, u, and i free. My vices are Wintogreen life
savers, and diet colas. Please don't tell anyone.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 9:28 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I lost 100lbs when I stopped drinking sugared soft drinks and ice tea
sweetened with sugar. My drink of choice is Diet Mountain Dew then a
sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade in the hot summer days because I
sweat like a thunderstorm. The hot weather is on the way and I'm not
sure what I'm going to be able to do without help. Me and JH have been
looking for a young sober guy around 50 years old to help us with the
climbing and wire pulling. When I was in my 50's I was up and down
ladders all day long and now I'm lucky to get up on a step stool. It's
very frustrating to be unable to do physically demanding activities as
I once did without thinking about it. I finally got my old van back from
the garage where I had the transmission replaced and I now have my own
wheels again and don't have to depend on JH or Stinky to get to places I
have to go. Then Friday, I found something on Craigs List I'd been
looking for. I bought a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee that a towing company
had towed in for the cops and the owner never tried to retrieve it. The
owner of the towing company had a clear title to the Jeep and
transferred it to me so I can get a tag Monday then add it to my auto
insurance. I'd been driving my Dodge Ram B150 for years and when I
stepped out of the full sized van, got into the Jeep and took off down
the road, it was like getting out of a Buick Electra 225 then driving
off in an MG. It's has the 4.0 liter straight 6, 4 speed automatic
transmission and rear drive. The Jeep runs and drives great and I won't
have to repair any major mechanical problems or the body which is in
very good shape. The Radio and spare tire are missing and some of the
whizzbang gadgets aren't working but that will be a lot of fun to figure
out and repair. At least I have two vehicles now and won't get stranded
again. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Dufas, JH, Stinky, and Stormy. I kind of like that
company name. Dufas, and associates.

Congrats on the Jeep. Does it have four wheel drive
to go through snow?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/9/2014 3:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

The kid across the street who sometimes help pull wire is called several
different names by me and JH.

Congrats on the Jeep. Does it have four wheel drive to go through
snow?

No 4 wheel drive because it is expensive to repair so I found the
simplest nice little SUV I could. 4.0L straight 6cyl, automatic with
rear drive. I let Stinky drive it back from the dealer when we went to
pick up my van who's name is Big Red, the Jeep is now Little Red. I must
get a windshield for the Jeep along with some things that aren't
working. There was no spare tire or radio. Those are things I'm looking
for now. Anyway, I'll have fun repairing all the electrical gizmos. I am
so glad I found the little SUV. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Oh yea, it fits any cap or hat with a brim. The Amish and the cowboys
could use it too. ^_^

How about my Yarmulke?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/13/2014 7:42 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Oh yea, it fits any cap or hat with a brim. The Amish and the
cowboys could use it too. ^_^

How about my Yarmulke?

Only if it's a Cowboy Yarmulke, that type has a brim. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/13/2014 7:42 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Oh yea, it fits any cap or hat with a brim. The Amish and the
cowboys could use it too. ^_^

How about my Yarmulke?

Only if it's a Cowboy Yarmulke, that type has a brim. ^_^

TDD

Silly. Jewish Yarmulches have the brim cut off
at age of eight days.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2014 6:48 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/13/2014 7:42 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Oh yea, it fits any cap or hat with a brim. The Amish and the
cowboys could use it too. ^_^

How about my Yarmulke?

Only if it's a Cowboy Yarmulke, that type has a brim. ^_^

TDD

Silly. Jewish Yarmulches have the brim cut off at age of eight days.

So that's how it got its name. When it's whacked off, the kid shouts,
"Oi! My Yarmulke! My Yarmulke!" ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2014 6:48 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Silly. Jewish Yarmulches have the brim cut off at age of eight days.

So that's how it got its name. When it's whacked off, the kid shouts,
"Oi! My Yarmulke! My Yarmulke!" ^_^

TDD

Now we know how Indians name their kids, perhaps
this is how Jews name their boys?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2014 4:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/14/2014 6:48 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Silly. Jewish Yarmulches have the brim cut off at age of eight
days.

So that's how it got its name. When it's whacked off, the kid
shouts, "Oi! My Yarmulke! My Yarmulke!" ^_^

TDD

Now we know how Indians name their kids, perhaps this is how Jews
name their boys?

Hey! Don't make fun of my Jewish cousins! They're family, I can pick on
them but you can't. It's much like me saying that I can hit my little
brother but you can't. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

So that's how it got its name. When it's whacked off, the kid
shouts, "Oi! My Yarmulke! My Yarmulke!" ^_^

TDD

Now we know how Indians name their kids, perhaps this is how Jews
name their boys?

Hey! Don't make fun of my Jewish cousins! They're family, I can pick on
them but you can't. It's much like me saying that I can hit my little
brother but you can't. ^_^

TDD

Just for trivia, I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood.
My parents were not (still are not) religious. I was
about the only Non-Jew that I knew, growing up.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2014 8:05 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
So that's how it got its name. When it's whacked off, the kid
shouts, "Oi! My Yarmulke! My Yarmulke!" ^_^

TDD

Now we know how Indians name their kids, perhaps this is how
Jews name their boys?

Hey! Don't make fun of my Jewish cousins! They're family, I can
pick on them but you can't. It's much like me saying that I can hit
my little brother but you can't. ^_^

TDD

Just for trivia, I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood. My parents were
not (still are not) religious. I was about the only Non-Jew that I
knew, growing up.

Oi! But are they blood relatives? My cousins are by marriage. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey! Don't make fun of my Jewish cousins! They're family, I can
pick on them but you can't. It's much like me saying that I can hit
my little brother but you can't. ^_^

TDD

Just for trivia, I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood. My parents were
not (still are not) religious. I was about the only Non-Jew that I
knew, growing up.

Oi! But are they blood relatives? My cousins are by marriage. ^_^

TDD

No, don't think I'm related to anyone Jewish.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2014 9:05 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Hey! Don't make fun of my Jewish cousins! They're family, I can pick on
them but you can't. It's much like me saying that I can hit my little
brother but you can't. ^_^

TDD

Just for trivia, I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood.
My parents were not (still are not) religious. I was
about the only Non-Jew that I knew, growing up.

Sigh. Time for me to come out, about my goy tendencies.
Shalom!

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sigh. Time for me to come out, about my goy tendencies.
Shalom!

Who are you kidding? Utah is the only place in the world where a Jew is a
Gentile.

(credits to the late Ed Abbey)

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 3/13/2014 7:42 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Oh yea, it fits any cap or hat with a brim. The Amish and the
cowboys could use it too. ^_^

How about my Yarmulke?

Only if it's a Cowboy Yarmulke, that type has a brim. ^_^

TDD

So does a coffee cup. But I don't want a light on it. i might see my
reflection and gag.

--
Tekkie

Ping! The Real Stormin Mormon Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Home Repair 16 January 16th 14 07:43 PM
Ping! The Real Stormin Mormon Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Home Repair 3 January 9th 14 05:49 AM
Ping! The Real Stormin Mormon Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 0 October 22nd 13 07:26 PM
Ping Stormin' Nonny Home Repair 4 April 26th 10 10:30 PM
PING: Stormin Mormon DanG Home Repair 2 May 29th 05 04:26 PM