Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good plumbers in NYC area?

Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area?
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:16:32 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area?

Thanks

I would think you need to be more specific for useful answers.
NYC area could mean North Jersey, Westchester, Staten Island, LI,
Manhattan, parts of CT, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 05:22:58 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:16:32 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area?

Thanks

I would think you need to be more specific for useful answers.
NYC area could mean North Jersey, Westchester, Staten Island, LI,
Manhattan, parts of CT, etc.

Anyone who is in traveling/working distance of New York City?

IOW, I'm in NYC, but I wouldn't discriminate against a plumber just
cause he lived in Brooklyn.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:16:32 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area?

Thanks

I would think you need to be more specific for useful answers.
NYC area could mean North Jersey, Westchester, Staten Island, LI,
Manhattan, parts of CT, etc.

Anyone who is in traveling/working distance of New York City?

Not me.

IOW, I'm in NYC, but I wouldn't discriminate against a plumber just
cause he lived in Brooklyn.

What about asking a neighbor? A local person that may be familiar with
a reliable plumber in your area.

The question cannot be answered by many of the posters here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:16:32 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area?

Thanks

I would think you need to be more specific for useful answers.
NYC area could mean North Jersey, Westchester, Staten Island, LI,
Manhattan, parts of CT, etc.

Anyone who is in traveling/working distance of New York City?

IOW, I'm in NYC, but I wouldn't discriminate against a plumber just
cause he lived in Brooklyn.

OK, I clarified the question. I thought that was leading to a
recommendation, else why ask for specifics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:16:32 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area?

Thanks

I would think you need to be more specific for useful answers.
NYC area could mean North Jersey, Westchester, Staten Island, LI,
Manhattan, parts of CT, etc.

Anyone who is in traveling/working distance of New York City?

IOW, I'm in NYC, but I wouldn't discriminate against a plumber just
cause he lived in Brooklyn.

OK, I clarified the question. I thought that was leading to a
recommendation, else why ask for specifics.

How many posters here live in NYC?

The question is frivolous in that regard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:16:32 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area?

Thanks

I would think you need to be more specific for useful answers.
NYC area could mean North Jersey, Westchester, Staten Island, LI,
Manhattan, parts of CT, etc.

Anyone who is in traveling/working distance of New York City?

IOW, I'm in NYC, but I wouldn't discriminate against a plumber just
cause he lived in Brooklyn.

OK, I clarified the question. I thought that was leading to a
recommendation, else why ask for specifics.

How many posters here live in NYC?
The question is frivolous in that regard.

I'd be very surprised if there was no one here from the NYC area.
I've exchanged posts with some NYC'ers here in the past. I am
assuming that Trader4 is from NYC, else why ask for clarification on
the exact location?

I can always call Rotorooter or one of the other big generic outfits,
but I have potentially over $1k of work to be done, and I'd rather
forward my $ to the hardworking guy with a small business. I thought I
could potentially help out someone here as well as myself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 04:14:10 -0500, Eric
wrote in

I can always call Rotorooter or one of the other big generic outfits,
but I have potentially over $1k of work to be done, and I'd rather
forward my $ to the hardworking guy with a small business. I thought I
could potentially help out someone here as well as myself.

Try this

http://www.whitepages.com/business?key=plumbing&where=manhattan%2C+NY
4088 Results for Plumbing Contractors in Manhattan, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You didn't say NYC, you said "NYC area". I'm in central NJ
and many would consider that the "NYC area", but a plumber from
here isn't going to go to the Bronx. I suggested you clarify your
question because it would increase your chance of getting a useful
response. And you still haven't given an idea of where in NYC the
actual job is. NYC is a big place, travel isn't easy, and
I'd be surprised if most plumbers from Staten Island would go to
the Bronx or even if they would, if you'd want to pay their travel time.

I agree with Oren. From experience here, AFAIK, there was one
person from NYC here occasionally, so chances are slim.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:16:32 AM UTC-5, Eric wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the NYC area?

Thanks

I would think you need to be more specific for useful answers. NYC
area could mean North Jersey, Westchester, Staten Island, LI,
Manhattan, parts of CT, etc.

Anyone who is in traveling/working distance of New York City?

IOW, I'm in NYC, but I wouldn't discriminate against a plumber just
cause he lived in Brooklyn.

Last time I checked, Brooklyn was one of the five boroughs that comprise
NYC. Typical Manhattanite thinking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I can always call Rotorooter or one of the other big generic outfits,
but I have potentially over $1k of work to be done, and I'd rather
forward my $ to the hardworking guy with a small business. I thought I
could potentially help out someone here as well as myself.

If you cannot find a reference from a neighbor, you need to do some
leg work.

I'd suggest you visit a local plumbing supply house (one that opens
very early). Plumbers are there to get supplies for their jobs. They
often leave business cards at the desk or on a bulletin board. Speak
to one or use the card to check them out. Check your state
contractor's board online to verify licensing, insurance, complaints
made against them and if those complaints were rectified in a timely
manner to the customer's satisfaction.

The ball is in your court.
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

[...]

How is the permitting situation in NYC? Does one borough allow another's
license?

--
Tekkie