Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Good plumbers in NYC area?

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 04:14:10 -0500, Eric
wrote:

I can always call Rotorooter or one of the other big generic outfits,
but I have potentially over $1k of work to be done, and I'd rather
forward my $ to the hardworking guy with a small business. I thought I
could potentially help out someone here as well as myself.

If you cannot find a reference from a neighbor, you need to do some
leg work.

I'd suggest you visit a local plumbing supply house (one that opens
very early). Plumbers are there to get supplies for their jobs. They
often leave business cards at the desk or on a bulletin board. Speak
to one or use the card to check them out. Check your state
contractor's board online to verify licensing, insurance, complaints
made against them and if those complaints were rectified in a timely
manner to the customer's satisfaction.

The ball is in your court.